Anyone knows what's happening with Al Mar Knives?

Got one on the way in a trade. I’ve wanted one since they came out but hadn’t pulled the trigger. I’ll let you know how it is.

Thanks! Really tempted but the pricing here for those is really high..

Same here in Australia.
We usually pay 50-100% extra vs US retail prices.

That's why outside of a few exceptions I import every knives from the US...

No problem. It is a good dealer in my experience. He had some pretty good deals on Al Mar made knives as well and some Spyderco knives are almost as cheap as in the US there.

Last edited:
Just purchased an Eagle Ultralight and a Falcon Ultralight. The Eagles are still in stock at many retailers (including Blade HQ), but the Falcon Ultralight was tricky to find. Picked up a used one in what looks like great condition. It appears to have been the last Falcon Ultralight readily available online.

Where did you find a Seki one?
Over here in England. ;) I get the feeling they have been sitting there in stock for some years. Don’t even ask how much... :eek:

NB Just in case I am ill informed, the VG10 G10 were made in Seki? At any rate, it was made in Japan. I’m guessing Moki.

Over here in England. ;) I get the feeling they have been sitting there in stock for some years. Don’t even ask how much... :eek:

NB Just in case I am ill informed, the VG10 G10 were made in Seki? At any rate, it was made in Japan. I’m guessing Moki.

The two companies I know that made them are G. Sakai and then Moki.
I’m not sure which one is Seki. Maybe both.

Also all the Sere 2000’s have G10 handles and VG10 blades.

The two companies I know that made them are G. Sakai and then Moki.
I’m not sure which one is Seki. Maybe both.

Also all the Sere 2000’s have G10 handles and VG10 blades.
I think they are both Seki, but I’m sure someone here will correct us if not! Really looking forward to this one. It really has been a long time I have been wanting to get one... :)

If it hadn’t been for this thread, I would not have known about the changes in the company, so am genuinely grateful to pick one up before the move to China. Nothing wrong with high end Chinese knives, but it severs the link with Japan started by the late Al Mar. I’m happy to swoop in before it is too late.

Aw, shoot. I just ordered a SERE 2000. Always wanted one and now I have an excuse feel I am forced to do so. Thanks a lot, fellas. :mad:

:p

I just did the same thing. Found a serialized Mini Sere 2000 and overpaid. I've had one on my radar for a long time and it looks like this may be the last shot to grab one.

I hate the bullying and peer pressure that gets thrown around Blade Forums like a wet dishrag.:p

I think my Sere 2K (Made around 2001) is just stamped “Japan”. I’ll confirm when I get home. I am 100% positive that my buddy’s Sere (which was made much later than mine) is stamped “Moki”.

I just did the same thing. Found a serialized Mini Sere 2000 and overpaid. I've had one on my radar for a long time and it looks like this may be the last shot to grab one.

I hate the bullying and peer pressure that gets thrown around Blade Forums like a wet dishrag.:p

Haha! Yeah, I hate it round here. All these bullying, knife loving enablers..! :D

I think my Sere 2K (Made around 2001) is just stamped “Japan”. I’ll confirm when I get home. I am 100% positive that my buddy’s Sere (which was made much later than mine) is stamped “Moki”.

Cool. Will let you know what mine says. Yours is definitely the coolest SERE 2000 I’ve ever seen. I remember it from a thread when I was just a lurker. A few years ago. You really used that beauty. :)

Cool. Will let you know what mine says. Yours is definitely the coolest SERE 2000 I’ve ever seen. I remember it from a thread when I was just a lurker. A few years ago. You really used that beauty. :)

Ha! That’s pretty cool damn cool to me!

I appreciate it, and yes my Sere has been well used and enjoyed for a long time. The thing just oozes character. I hope you enjoy yours.

Back