Attn. All Smatchetorians! . . . Wanna Help Design The Busse Combat Smatchet?. . . Start Drinkin'!!!

Has anyone said an Infi Integral Hollow Handle? Smatchet or Boar Spear, yowza!

I'd also love to see it in a 4" companion smatchet to go along with whatever you make in the full size :D

Here's a new one that incorporates a number of suggestions.

Choils and a nice palm swell for comfort when chopping.

Enhanced fuller.

Devastating pommel with a small flat for pounding.

smatchet%2019-X2.jpg

What would the handle from 17 look like on this blade design? Could somebody photoshop that for me?

Below is my post #54 on page 3 of this thread!

Here are a few more. . . . All of these are shown with an 8 1/2" Blade and all approx. 14" OAL

Smatchets%2010-18-X3.jpg

I'm drinking coffee so here's my sober 2 cents :D... 10 or 11 of the above imge post would be sweet. I love the CBT and think it will look really cool on those angels like the HG55. I dig the size as well. Awesome desings though... all of them.[/QUOTE]

YES! I could even legally carry a few of those (no double-edges for me). I kind of love the false edge 15 and 17, or it would be if I ordered one.

I like 12, though I could only smatchet stuff around the property.

Here's a new one that incorporates a number of suggestions.

Choils and a nice palm swell for comfort when chopping.

Enhanced fuller.

Devastating pommel with a small flat for pounding.

smatchet%2019-X2.jpg

It seems I can only like that once, so here's a few more. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Here's another one that I just finished! :eek::thumbsup::cool:

It took me the entire bottle. . . .errr. . . I mean "night" to finish this one.:eek:o_O:confused:

Again, using several suggestions, I have included the shallow choils, feather vane bevels, palm swell handle, rounded pommel, and I moved the talon holes and the handles much further out in order to make the handles cover more of the front guard area!

I really like the 'Feather Vane" bevel on this 11 inch long blade!:cool::thumbsup::cool:

Let's Drink!. . .. . I'm going to bed! :cool::thumbsup:

Jerry :D

Smatchet%2020-XL.jpg

just seeing this thread...my thought is having no flared butt end of the pommel will leave it harder to hold on to

Go double wide on the fuller and mark it Busse Smatcher and you’re done.

N2s

just seeing this thread...my thought is having no flared butt end of the pommel will leave it harder to hold on to

I was just thinking the same thing. . . not roman gladius sized but substantial and heavily tapered!

I'm going to get some shut eye and then I'm opening another bottle of something and goin back at it!

Let's Drink!

Jerry

#22 & #23 >>> pommel looks outstanding...:cool:

I like the looks of the wide fuller of #21 ... too bad we can't tell how it'd affect usage...

I've found I like pinch points in the handle ramping up from the ricasso, like these below vvv ...

they'd make a nice aesthetic transition moving away from the fuller up and onto the handle, plus they add function for pinch grips ...

they'd work really well in tandem with handle #22 I bet! :thumbsup:
BtAD000.jpg

...and for anybody wondering how vertical CBT or feathervane CBT may look when you sharpen or regrind it, the answer is: it gets even more beautiful and functional!
2RAQKB9.jpg

Last edited:
I like number 23 a lot.
Maybe with 19 enhanced fuller.

But quick question, what's the role of smatchet? Never used one and I'm kinda curious. Looks pretty cool though.

#19 with a slimmer coffin handle for us with meaty hell boy hands please.

11" blade
.187" thick
3.33 wide blade
elf choils

man that would be a winner trust me :)

Gut Shovel
or Devils Spade

Jerry, can you draw #21 but add the enhanced fuller so it follows the blade shape? Like a cross between #s 19 and 21.

Back