Attn. All Smatchetorians! . . . Wanna Help Design The Busse Combat Smatchet?. . . Start Drinkin'!!!

Got it!

Another Killer Cool Combo of blade and handle.

SMATCHET%2024-X2.jpg

Looks wicked! Seems like it would need a bigger pommel for balance though?

how about the pommel shaped like a crescent moon? flaring out each side...

Seems like it would need a bigger pommel for balance though?

I agree. :thumbsup::cool:

It mostly needs a larger pommel for grip security.

Note that the enhanced fuller will be approx. .060" deep on each side which will pull a lot of weight out of the blade. :cool: :thumbsup: :cool:

That's nearly 1/8" of material removed from the center of the blade!!!:eek::eek::eek:

It should have excellent balance for such a large blade. . . at least it will when we get done with it!!! :eek: :thumbsup: :cool:

Let's Drink! :cool:

Jerry :D

If you take that fuller idea to the extreme and make elongated holes in the blade. Would prolly look neat.

I’m liking 19 and 24 the most. I like how the flat surrounds the fuller on 19. I think it would be interesting to see that on 24, or perhaps just add the CBT to the primary bevels on 19’s design.

I like number 23 a lot.
Maybe with 19 enhanced fuller.

But quick question, what's the role of smatchet? Never used one and I'm kinda curious. Looks pretty cool though.

Its a double edged billy club :D
From what I understand, its a simple fighting knife thats relatively easy to use effectively.

@ ^^^^^^^^
Say SMATCHET out loud and make a forward wave motion with your arm and you can kinda picture how it’s used.

Oh & +1 for 19!

I like number 23 a lot.
Maybe with 19 enhanced fuller.

But quick question, what's the role of smatchet? Never used one and I'm kinda curious. Looks pretty cool though.

Think bastàrd love child of a machete and fighting dagger.

It's Multi purpose

Yeah I think #24 looks a lot more like an original smatchet than #17. With that enhanced fuller too! :)

I really think you should keep the length at 16.5" to pay tribute to the originals from WWII. I love that kind of detail thing.

I agree. :thumbsup::cool:

It mostly needs a larger pommel for grip security.

Note that the enhanced fuller will be approx. .060" deep on each side which will pull a lot of weight out of the blade. :cool: :thumbsup: :cool:

That's nearly 1/8" of material removed from the center of the blade!!!:eek::eek::eek:

It should have excellent balance for such a large blade. . . at least it will when we get done with it!!! :eek: :thumbsup: :cool:

Let's Drink! :cool:

Jerry :D

I think all 24 needs is to just widen the pommel, not a huge rounded one, just widen the flare that already exists

24#,may remove cbt treatment near the tip,and......0.32”thick:D,fan of fatty.

Last edited:
24! 24! 24! 24! 24! 24! 24! 24! 24! 24! 24! 24! 24! 24! 24! 24! 24! 24! 24! 24! 24! 24! 24! 24!

Can you do 21 or 24

with the coffin handle but make it slimmer in the middle of the handle and flare the pommel ? kind of like the gladius but different pretty please ?

oh and

11" blade
.187" thick
3.33 wide blade
elf choils

Back