Benchmade Fakes, knock-offs, counterfeits thread...

not sure about the thumbstuds. they don’t laser engrave the patent information on newer knives due to the patent having expired a little while back. what is the date that’s printed on the end of the box?

IMG_3202.jpg IMG_3203.jpg IMG_3205.jpg IMG_3201.jpg IMG_3198.jpg IMG_3200.jpg

Looks nearly identical in terms of the etchings other than there is no "R" registered mark. Also is benchmade stone washing the blade after the etch? blurry at any angle except straight on. my seller got some packing glue on the right scale ;p

must be a BM since the axis is super dirty with the same dust as my 943

Last edited:
Very suspect and peculiar since every single benchmade I have has their registered logo...(R)
there was a stripped screw that i had to yank out hidden under the clip, but the seller was very nice and had good ratings.
the logo engraving is very blurry on BOTH sides

....never mind there is a very small and nearly illegible (R) down there that I am almost seeing for the first time...or imagining it?
whoops, It appears I flipped the pivot screw while cleaning it
hope benchmade will give their input. maybe (double etched) by benchmade or stonewashed after the etch?
I have seen some examples of gold classes with pattern welded blades with light engravings too

IMG_3214.jpg

vs halden's picture down below, the BM logo is clear and crisp, the (R) is pronounced, further out and clear: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/benchmade-pictures.1034066/page-114
M9WxKUv.jpg

Last edited:
Does anybody know if Benchmade Benchmade has ever made a Contego blade with just the label "M4" instead of "CPM-M4"?

I own a Benchmade 810 Contego with the gray blade in CPM-M4. My knife has that same label on the blade, “CPM-M4”. This also matches pictures on bladehq and Benchmade. I came across one the other day that only says “M4”. Is this counterfeit? After handling it, the scales seemed much less aggressive but I know it’s common to sand them down sometimes for comfort.

We took the "CPM" off the laser mark a few years back. You should be good to go.

Recently purchased a Benchmade Mini Infidel. The listed weight of the knife is 3.40 ounces. However, when I weighed it, it was 3.7 ounces. Should I be worried? Also it came with a Benchmade sheath that looks different from the ones I have. What concerns me is the "C" on the top right of the Benchmade logo. Any thoughts Benchmade Benchmade ?

https://imgur.com/ladEtHY

Picture link above.

Thanks

Recently purchased a Benchmade Mini Infidel. The listed weight of the knife is 3.40 ounces. However, when I weighed it, it was 3.7 ounces. Should I be worried? Also it came with a Benchmade sheath that looks different from the ones I have. What concerns me is the "C" on the top right of the Benchmade logo. Any thoughts Benchmade Benchmade ?

https://imgur.com/ladEtHY

Picture link above.

Thanks

I wouldn't be worried. The sheath looks good.

My wife is awesome and just bought me this Benchmade Triage 916SBK. She got it off ebay though, and I am fearful that it may not be real. The logo for instance does not have USA below it, but I have seen some versions online that don't either. Didn't know if someone on here could tell me if this is authentic. https://imgur.com/gallery/7BHAS2k

My wife is awesome and just bought me this Benchmade Triage 916SBK. She got it off ebay though, and I am fearful that it may not be real. The logo for instance does not have USA below it, but I have seen some versions online that don't either. Didn't know if someone on here could tell me if this is authentic. https://imgur.com/gallery/7BHAS2k

It doesn't have USA below the logo because it uses N680 blade steel which comes from Böhler.

I believe the knife in question is a clone my friend

Williamp
Very suspect and peculiar since every single benchmade I have has their registered logo...(R)
there was a stripped screw that i had to yank out hidden under the clip, but the seller was very nice and had good ratings.
the logo engraving is very blurry on BOTH sides

....never mind there is a very small and nearly illegible (R) down there that I am almost seeing for the first time...or imagining it?
whoops, It appears I flipped the pivot screw while cleaning it
hope benchmade will give their input. maybe (double etched) by benchmade or stonewashed after the etch?
I have seen some examples of gold classes with pattern welded blades with light engravings too

View attachment 1186327

vs halden's picture down below, the BM logo is clear and crisp, the (R) is pronounced, further out and clear: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/benchmade-pictures.1034066/page-114
M9WxKUv.jpg

Any further input on the two North Fork knives mentioned on pages 12 and 14? I have an opportunity to buy one at a good price from a buddy but it looks just like the two in question on page 12 and 14 where the S30V says nothing more regarding patent, etc. I've seen some images online that only show S30V (i.e. the KnifeCenter product page) but others that show patent or website/patent in the markings.

Same buddy has got another North Fork he bought at the same place some years ago and the difference between the two as far as markings go is exactly as seen on page 12 of this thread - when I compare them in hand other than the markings they seem identical in quality, build, brass bushings (best I can tell), etc.

Paging Benchmade Benchmade if you wouldn't mind providing your opinion?

Thanks in advance, all!

Any further input on the two North Fork knives mentioned on pages 12 and 14? I have an opportunity to buy one at a good price from a buddy but it looks just like the two in question on page 12 and 14 where the S30V says nothing more regarding patent, etc. I've seen some images online that only show S30V (i.e. the KnifeCenter product page) but others that show patent or website/patent in the markings.

Same buddy has got another North Fork he bought at the same place some years ago and the difference between the two as far as markings go is exactly as seen on page 12 of this thread - when I compare them in hand other than the markings they seem identical in quality, build, brass bushings (best I can tell), etc.

Thanks in advance, all!

as far as the markings are concerned benchmade doesn’t put the pat. info on the blade anymore because the patent on the axis lock has expired. I don’t have a North Fork so I can’t speak to that particular knife but I haven’t heard of any fakes of that model.

Thanks in advance, all!

Those are real north forks, I see no indication of fakes. Also the north fork is not a super popular model for counterfeiting. I have yet to see a clone northfork. I also have owned 5+ north forks!

as far as the markings are concerned benchmade doesn’t put the pat. info on the blade anymore because the patent on the axis lock has expired. I don’t have a North Fork so I can’t speak to that particular knife but I haven’t heard of any fakes of that model.

Those are real north forks, I see no indication of fakes. Also the north fork is not a super popular model for counterfeiting. I have yet to see a clone northfork. I also have owned 5+ north forks!
Thanks to you both! Sounds pretty promising. Benchmade Benchmade , if you have a minute would you be able to confirm? If so, thanks in advance!

Seems legit to me esp if a reputable site like Knife Center has an image consistent with those markings.

Thanks all!

Back