1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer 1034A1 Gingrich Bush Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  3. Week 37 drawing for the BladeForums.com 20th Anniversary Year of Giveaways live stream going on from 5-6PM eastern!!
    Tune in to our YouTube Channel, http://www.youtube.com/TheRealBladeforums, we'll be drawing winners for BladeForums.com merchandise & the grand prize:
    a Sabol Brothers Kiridashi , along with BladeForums branded gear!

Additional prize(s) will be awarded to people in the livestream chat, so watch for your chance to win bonus prize(s)

Beverages and Blades - Traditional of Course

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by Alnamvet68, Sep 9, 2015.

1. Peregrin

Peregrin Traditional Forum Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Sep 2, 2004
    Eldon Talley will come back with some links. He makes a nice knife. I got that City Knife from an online dealer I can't mention.

hornetguy likes this.
  2. WhittlinAway

WhittlinAway Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 11, 2016
    [​IMG]

Coffee (soda) break with today's new arrival.

3. cjtamu

cjtamu Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 6, 2018
    Forgot to post this last night. Kim's new Kamp King doing work. I don't know if other parts of the country have these Mexican Cokes, but y'all are missing out if you don't.
    20190821_094125.jpg

4. WhittlinAway

Feb 11, 2016
    Yup! They taste the way Coke used to taste before the New Coke fiasco and the subsequent switch to corn syrup when they introduced Coca Cola Classic. And, there’s no better way to drink a a Coke than straight out of a glass bottle. :thumbsup:

5. Prester John

Prester John Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2018
    Amen! I think I'll buy me one today. I'd like to buy the world a Coke! It's the real thing! ;)

cjtamu and WhittlinAway like this.
  6. jwb01

jwb01 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 6, 2016
    Glass says Rare Breed (good stuff) but it holds some 10 year old Bulleit Bourbon (good stuff too)........
    4F4B301F-AE8D-44E7-B172-8536099D635E.jpeg

7. Pàdruig

Pàdruig Live and Let Die Platinum Member

Dec 1, 2016
    Second date with Anastasia. Paired with Mac & Jack's African Amber. Easily the best Amber ale out there and I don't typically like ambers.

[​IMG]

8. Henry Beige

Henry Beige Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 1, 2015
    Same here.

tmd_87 and Prester John like this.
  9. Henry Beige

Henry Beige Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 1, 2015
    High Commander Lord Griswold is spoiled for choice. Rye or melon?

B162C6D4-0270-4C9F-9BE4-994EE56A09E2.jpeg

JustinR, Duckdog, tmd_87 and 7 others like this.
  10. Jolipapa

Jolipapa Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 4, 2015
    :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: He's got the same look as a friend of mine in the same dilemma! :D

11. Ripcord 82

Ripcord 82

Feb 15, 2019
    The very best time I had a Coke out of a bottle I was 200 miles from civilization at a little mountain village in Vietnam and Momma-son was selling coke in a bottle. I bought it for 100 piasters and enjoyed every last drop. Yep, nothing quite like a Coke when it is 120 degrees in the shade. But go figure, wonder where that Coke came from. My squad and I just couldn't believe it. Now that's a classic.
    Enjoyed your picture and I could probably shoot one like that too with my Blue Yeti and Humpback when it arrives today. I'm looking forward to the mail man showing up and hoping he doesn't stick my mail in the wrong box like he sometimes does.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2019
    willard0341, zolthar, Duckdog and 5 others like this.
  12. black mamba

black mamba Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 21, 2009
    That's an easy one Beige . . . melon dipped in rye!

13. WhittlinAway

Feb 11, 2016
    Happy Friday, everyone.

[​IMG]

Ramrodmb, JustinR, zolthar and 14 others like this.
  14. cjtamu

Nov 6, 2018
    What a great knife. Developing more and more appreciation for the jigging on the Schrade Walden knives. And a beautiful photo.

15. Pàdruig

Pàdruig Live and Let Die Platinum Member

Dec 1, 2016
    The weekend awaits!

[​IMG]

16. WhittlinAway

Feb 11, 2016
    Thanks! I agree, even on Delrin, their jigging was great. Some day I'd love to track down one of these in their sublime peach seed bone.

Looks like a great way to start it! :thumbsup:

Pàdruig likes this.
  17. 5K Qs

5K Qs Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 20, 2014
    That mutt has a majestic mustache!! :thumbsup::cool::cool::thumbsup::D

- GT

Henry Beige likes this.
  18. Ripcord 82

Ripcord 82

Feb 15, 2019
    Hey WhittlinAway, we have great minds.;)
    [​IMG]

Pàdruig, JustinR, zolthar and 7 others like this.
  19. cjtamu

Nov 6, 2018
    Agreed on both counts. They did such a great job with their jigged Delrin. I actually thought the little 808 below was bone until I started to clean it up. Just finished these two early this morning. Hence one more cup of coffee ha ha ha. Had to include a Before pic of the 834. Both of these from the flea/estate sale.
    20190824_084232 sized 30.jpg
    20190823_172346 sized 30.jpg

20. 5K Qs

5K Qs Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 20, 2014
    I returned from vacation a week ago, but I want to post another pic of a "vacation beer" from Keweenaw Brewing. This one has no mining connections of which I'm aware, but plays on the Northern Lights. It's a "coffee infused amber ale" called Borealis brōō - I enjoyed it. I couldn't "wake up and smell the coffee" ;), but I could taste it. :thumbsup::cool:
    RRscrimcanoe.borealis.jpg
    RRscrimcanoe.borealis.label.jpg

- GT

Ramrodmb, Pàdruig, cjtamu and 11 others like this.