Beverages and Blades - Traditional of Course

Great pic, Josh. Nice porter, too.
- Stuart
Thanks Stuart I get lucky on the pics sometimes and the Taddy Porter has become my usual.
It's good to take a little time out for reflection. Gary Cunningham small hunter, Ed Love Bowie-style sticker, and Geo. Dickel No. 12.

03RgUFp.jpg

- Stuart
Wow! That is a gorgeous pig sticker!

A Gibson seems to go well with bacon-wrapped dove breasts, and vice versa.

pxozjKG.jpg

- Stuart

Did you have a good dove shoot? Man, I used to look forward for dove season like it was Christmas...and the feast that (generally) followed, dove breasts wrapped in bacon, rice pilaf, and some vegetable washed down w/ a good red. Hung up my shotguns long ago.

Did you have a good dove shoot? Man, I used to look forward for dove season like it was Christmas...and the feast that (generally) followed, dove breasts wrapped in bacon, rice pilaf, and some vegetable washed down w/ a good red. Hung up my shotguns long ago.

It was slow at first, then heated up as sun started lowering. I got 8 out 15 that I shot at (that's not just 15 shots, though). We had fried fish, smoked brisket, grilled chicken, slaw, chocolate cream pie, and peach pie afterwards with libations (I only had a beer, as I had a long drive home to clean birds, and then a cocktail). I hunt to get out with friends and stay active - I'm shooting for several years more. My son made me promise at least 20 more, so I gotta do it.

rExtUMO.jpg

- Stuart

I'm happy for you, Stuart. I can only enjoy it vicariously, as I'm homebound recovering from surgery, and getting a mighty case of cabin fever. Hopefully I'll be ready for deer season in November. And I'm always glad to see that beautiful little green handled clip blade!

I’m home after spending an extended Labor Day Weekend in Bend, Oregon. I was aware of its reputation for breweries, but, wow, what a beer town!

Over five days, I tried ten beers, each from a different brewery, as I gradually walked my way through enough stops on the Bend Ale Trail to earn a souvenir pint glass. I’ll show that pint glass and some of the other souvenirs that returned with me when I enjoy them in the weeks to come.

In the mean time here are some of the highlight pints:

DtzyGAth.jpg

From left to right, top to bottom:

- Immersion Brewing Company Sexy Girlfriend Kettle Sour
- Bend Brewing Company Tropic Pines IPA
- GoodLife Brewing Company Sippy Cup Pale Ale
- Deschutes Brewery Nitro Obsidian Stout

And, of course, the lambsfoot featured in all photos was the pocketknife that made the journey with me to Bend. BTW, Bend would have been a fantastic place to visit even without the breweries. I’ll share a bit more about the trip elsewhere when I have some time.

Back