Beverages and Blades - Traditional of Course

This isn’t your everyday bottle of Blanton’s it’s the Gold Edition. It’s not sold here in the US, but I was fortunate enough to receive it as a gift. So I figured what better than an Appaloosa when it’s opened.
fHQA24s.jpg

Inspired by D Duckdog , made with what I had on hand.

QN1wjvCh.jpg

I like to imagine that the original owner of this Camillus Engineer Knife enjoyed Bourbon. But, I bet they took it neat. For the record, I like Buffalo Trace neat, too. :thumbsup:

Looks like you are doing well making do. Neat or sweet, the Buffalo is bracing.
- Stuart

I last had Utica Club about 45 years ago at a keg party in Hollywood, Florida. I saw this one in a display at my regular drink store and bought a couple six packs. Still smooth, but not as full flavored as I remembered (ah, memories). I grabbed my Utica MOP clad bartender's knife for a quick pic. The late afternoon light and the multi-colored mat reflection washed the nacre color out of the MOP. Fitting, I guess, for rushing memories to the fore. Still, a memory enjoyed.

IEkKX6i.jpg

- Stuart

I last had Utica Club about 45 years ago at a keg party in Hollywood, Florida. I saw this one in a display at my regular drink store and bought a couple six packs. Still smooth, but not as full flavored as I remembered (ah, memories). I grabbed my Utica MOP clad bartender's knife for a quick pic. The late afternoon light and the multi-colored mat reflection washed the nacre color out of the MOP. Fitting, I guess, for rushing memories to the fore. Still, a memory enjoyed.

IEkKX6i.jpg

- Stuart
It's UC for me! (Very nice knife)
b7rSrda.jpg

IEkKX6i.jpg

- Stuart

It's UC for me! (Very nice knife)
b7rSrda.jpg
UC, the beer of my youth. I found a few unopened cans in our basement. 2 dollars a six pack! Man, these are old. What I drank in my teens predates these by more than a decade I'm sure.
nwLKX3i.jpg

I treated myself to some of the finer things this evening.

Vq3yRYk.jpg

Very nice Dylan :) :thumbsup:

UC, the beer of my youth. I found a few unopened cans in our basement. 2 dollars a six pack! Man, these are old. What I drank in my teens predates these by more than a decade I'm sure.
nwLKX3i.jpg

LOL! Bargain Gary! :D I just got in a few supplies, cost me £30, and they'd be twice that where I live! :eek:

ziAZY2A.jpg

I have Pàdruig Pàdruig to thank for this one:

PR7ySPoh.jpg

From his comments a while back:

The ale is made by Sunriver Brewing, they are located in Eastern Oregon. It's a good IPA, one we keep as a regular in our fridge.

I knew I had to seek it out when I was in Bend over Labor Day weekend. Fortunately Sunriver has a brewpub within walking distance of where I was staying. As Dylan said, it's a solid IPA and I enjoyed it a lot. So much so that a six pack found its way into my cooler to be transported back to my beer fridge at home. :)

Back