Beverages and Blades - Traditional of Course

Dec. 24th: Ladenburger Weizenbock - a pale wheat ale. I haven't tried this one yet but might later this evening. The Advent draws to a close - I'll summarize my thoughts a bit later I think.

dVMzGmB.jpg

December 24th. It’s the final night of my whisk(e)y advent calendar, and I have a confession to make. I cheated. Back at the beginning of the month, before randomly numbering all the folded bits of paper with the names of all the other whiskeys written inside them, I took this one and marked it “24.” I wanted to save my favorite whisky for Christmas Eve. Can you blame me? :D

yFFdRYK.jpg

Lagavulin 16. This was actually the first Islay whisky I ever tried, and I was instantly smitten. Sure, I’ve ventured out and tried others, and enjoyed most of them, but nothing quite compares. If you told me I could only have one whisky for the rest of my life, this would be my choice, and I don’t think I’d even be all that upset about it.

gG0lTKk.jpg

I hope you all have a Merry Christmas. I think I may pour another one of these for Santa. It’s cold out there tonight, and I bet he’d appreciate it. ;)

December 24th. It’s the final night of my whisk(e)y advent calendar, and I have a confession to make. I cheated. Back at the beginning of the month, before randomly numbering all the folded bits of paper with the names of all the other whiskeys written inside them, I took this one and marked it “24.” I wanted to save my favorite whisky for Christmas Eve. Can you blame me? :D

yFFdRYK.jpg

Lagavulin 16. This was actually the first Islay whisky I ever tried, and I was instantly smitten. Sure, I’ve ventured out and tried others, and enjoyed most of them, but nothing quite compares. If you told me I could only have one whisky for the rest of my life, this would be my choice, and I don’t think I’d even be all that upset about it.

gG0lTKk.jpg

I hope you all have a Merry Christmas. I think I may pour another one of these for Santa. It’s cold out there tonight, and I bet he’d appreciate it. ;)
Wish the Lagavulin were not twice the price of Laphroaig, my current favourite. I suspect I might prefer Lagavulin. Wonder what I'll get tomorrow? I hope at least one of my sons got some peaty malt for dear old Dad!

Sipping some Aussie red wine after Midnight Mass and before bed.

Merry Christmas, and God bless us, every one!

Great choice, Barrett. The only whisky (with no "e") that gives Lagavulin a run for it's money is the now defunct Laphroaig 18 y.o. expression, my favorite. Those two are in a class by themselves. Honorable mention goes to Ardbeg Uigeadail in Scotch and Powers John's Lane 12 y.o. in Irish.

I have a niece that visits the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, MN, on a regular basis. She had a liver transplant there about 2 years ago, and they continue to take care of her.
My wife made the trip with her a few times and would bring a bag or two of Caribou coffee home with her. Great coffee! I'll have some more in February, after her next visit.
Our niece is doing great, I'm happy to say.
Until then I can drink my inferior coffee in a Caribou coffe cup. :);)
loHs6xh.jpg

Back