BF2020 Viper Swayback Discuss Thread

Well, it took 8 days including 6 with no scans :eek: but it finally got here. USPS seems to be having problems as nearly everything has been late by 3-4x.

Super pleased with this! After seeing all the pictures for days I was not sure if I wanted light or dark or a mix. I'm not really a traditional guy and natural covers aren't my cup of tea but this is absolutely perfect in my eyes. Love that blade too! Thank you knifeswapper knifeswapper for all your work on this. I'm impressed with the shrink wrap packaging as well! Will for sure be buying more from you!

7uwRiQ0h.jpg

qzlNDqCh.jpg
Very nice! :thumbsup:

I’ve been enjoying this Viper Swayback so well that I decided to snag a stag Sowbelly that I’ve been hemming and hawing over for the past few months. I don’t know what it is exactly, but I prefer the Viper aesthetics to the Lionsteel examples I’ve had.

I’ve been enjoying this Viper Swayback so well that I decided to snag a stag Sowbelly that I’ve been hemming and hawing over for the past few months. I don’t know what it is exactly, but I prefer the Viper aesthetics to the Lionsteel examples I’ve had.
I’ve been looking at those Sowbellies too. The only thing holding me back is that I want to be able to pinch the blade open.

I think it can be done but maybe not quite as easily as I prefer. I might end up getting one so I can see for myself.

I’ve been looking at those Sowbellies too. The only thing holding me back is that I want to be able to pinch the blade open.

I think it can be done but maybe not quite as easily as I prefer. I might end up getting one so I can see for myself.
I’ll let you know about that when I get it. I’ll post a review in the thread that already exists for it.
The Viper also feels more robust than my Lionsteel knives.
That’s true of the barlows for sure. I had a Bolus that had great stag and was very well made and was very comfy in hand too, but it just looked kinda off to me for some reason.

Yes, finally! Last night the tracking said it made it to CT, and I just checked it again now and it's in MA, so hopefully it will arrive Mon. Fingers crossed!

jlauffer jlauffer - Please let us know when it comes in and show pictures of it. I hope everyone keeps showing pictures of their knives. Here's another picture of mine I haven't shown yet.

TQlff1b.jpg

Yes, finally! Last night the tracking said it made it to CT, and I just checked it again now and it's in MA, so hopefully it will arrive Mon. Fingers crossed!

Always good when your pkg emerges from the USPS black hole...happened to me recently with something I sent. I've had good luck up until then. Things bound for here in CT from OKC usually hit Springfield, MA first. Seems their system is getting more strained at times lately.

Now that's a great use for M390 if I've ever heard of one. :)

Those cows look a bit suspicious of you...
The m390 should be good. It slices great and no worry of corrosion from the salt. I haven’t had problems doing this with 1095 but always worry a bit. Another good one I have for this task is a Case wharncliffe trapper in stainless.

That’s the look of excitement from the cows because they’re getting more salt. :)

z2dwPCz.jpg

DGKd7Up.jpg

ASFSAq8.jpg

C97N9Ei.jpg

Got mine a couple days ago. It arrived when I was out of town.

Fit and finish is great. I love the proportions, too. It’s ideal for my hand. A touch smaller than the GEC Viper, and notably bigger than the Case Swayback Jack. Also love the very sharp blade. I abused mine the second day I had it, cutting an old paint roller off the frame (not the ideal use of a wharncliffe, especially a brand new one, but it’s what I had in my pocket and what good is a knife if it can’t cut what needs cutting?) Took a minuscule chip off the very tip, but the blade was still sharp enough to shave arm hairs after this barbaric treatment.

Overall the knife is everything I hoped it would be, and then some, and I’m very happy I got one. Thank you, Mike, for making it happen!

Edited to add some pics!

Last edited:
Mine finally showed up a few days ago - haven't opened the package, yet...but I moved it from the counter to my desk.

Back