BF2020 Viper Swayback Discuss Thread

NWwp0lR.jpg
I think it's unique and amazing. :cool::thumbsup:

Very nice!

I'm going to make a confession. :oops: Your blond and textured scales were what I was hoping for, and when I unwrapped my "striped unicorn" I was slightly disappointed. I'd never seen horn like it, and it looked a little...artificial. o_O

After chicken eyeing it in the light of day, it's definitely grown on me. :D I sure hope no one gets tired of seeing photos, because I'm fascinated by the subtle shifts in appearance from differing light and angles. I think it's a keeper!
NWwp0lR.jpg

XgSJncz.jpg

Very cool and so unique !. I like it, keep the pics coming :thumbsup: !
It shall forever be known and instantly recognized as "Rachel's knife", no matter where it may end up one day :cool::)

Very nice!

I'm going to make a confession. :oops: Your blond and textured scales were what I was hoping for, and when I unwrapped my "striped unicorn" I was slightly disappointed. I'd never seen horn like it, and it looked a little...artificial. o_O

After chicken eyeing it in the light of day, it's definitely grown on me. :D I sure hope no one gets tired of seeing photos, because I'm fascinated by the subtle shifts in appearance from differing light and angles. I think it's a keeper!
NWwp0lR.jpg

XgSJncz.jpg

WOW! What a piece of nature and craftsmanship joined. Instantly makes you consider the animal it came from. Absolutely unique and beautiful.

I can't believe how many post were created since my last visit, I have a lot to check out and like but first here are some of my pics. Mine has a mixture of light and dark color to it, I like it. The best part is the groves or texture or whatever you want to call it in the horns, besides looking unique it sure does provide a good grip, it feels great in my hand. Kudos to Mike and BF for another forum knife.

rh1.jpg rh2.jpg rh3.jpg

Very nice!

NWwp0lR.jpg

XgSJncz.jpg
It reminds me a little bit of this "white" ebony that Perceval uses.
4c4bc62ac24f9f471a49ae4f1bd98593-couteau-le-thiers-ebene-blanc-ferme-779.jpg

I would have probably felt the same way at first. I tried not to have any preconceived notions of what to expect and frankly I expected a dark rams horn with out much detail. This is generally why I don't buy slip joints with rams horn scales. Your knife grows on you.... I think about the Forest Gump movie when Forest asked his Mom about the ping pong paddle and getting paid for advertising.... she replied something to the effect to hold it a bit and it will grow on you. :D

I think it's unique and amazing. :cool::thumbsup:

Very cool and so unique !. I like it, keep the pics coming :thumbsup: !
It shall forever be known and instantly recognized as "Rachel's knife", no matter where it may end up one day :cool::)

WOW! What a piece of nature and craftsmanship joined. Instantly makes you consider the animal it came from. Absolutely unique and beautiful.

Such amazing variations in covers ! I'm excited to see what I'm gonna pull out of the box.
r8shell r8shell Your's is fantastic !
Half/Stop Half/Stop I Love your dark one. The way the lines mirror the curve of the frame !
Thanks, everybody! It's absolutely growing on me. :cool::thumbsup:
I appreciate that every one I've seen so far has had the grain properly matched and oriented to mirror the curve of the frame. Well done!

I have to admit, even though I didn't vote for it, I'm liking what the Ram Horn does for the knife...
It makes it look much more "traditional". ;):thumbsup:
That's why I voted for it. (at least, I think I did. I don't remember all the choices) It still basically looks like a modern knife to me, but the variation in natural materials balances out the modernity. Imagine if we had gone with micarta or carbon fiber. I'm sure they would look great, but they'd all look the same.

Two totally different examples! :cool: Both are very nice! :thumbsup: Excellent action on each one. I’m no expert by any means, because I have never found one that I thought was too tough to open. I’m going to say these are a 6. Thanks Mike! Thanks BladeForums! :D

50601719758_0a888f2414_o_d.jpg

50601719793_72ef237899_o_d.jpg
Nice variable pair, Ron!!

Just when I think they can’t get any better !
Wow what a beautiful spread of RamsHorn and it looks like it was made for this pattern. Well I know it was but you know why I mean lol :)
Thanks everyone for posting it’s keeping the juices flowing and anticipation growing by the minute!

I like how the horn was selected on these "contemporary traditionals"!:)
Oxymoronic, in a good way!!:D
Looks like I will be shipping to the Canadian customers - can someone measure the box, and take a pic of it for me?? I want to be ready so I can fire them out the door!!:rolleyes:

I can't believe how many post were created since my last visit, I have a lot to check out and like but first here are some of my pics. Mine has a mixture of light and dark color to it, I like it. The best part is the groves or texture or whatever you want to call it in the horns, besides looking unique it sure does provide a good grip, it feels great in my hand. Kudos to Mike and BF for another forum knife.

View attachment 1455501 View attachment 1455502 View attachment 1455503
The Texture that I see on your Pile Side photo is what I am hoping to get . It just looks great Frank !!!

Harry

Back