1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer 1034A1 Gingrich Bush Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

BHQ Para2 black CPM-M4, jade scales

Discussion in 'Spyderco' started by Red House, Mar 25, 2018.

1. Andrew Underwood

Andrew Underwood

Nov 25, 2017
    Man I’m feeling like mine is never gonna come in. Expected delivery was today. But it didn’t come and the only updates the tracking says is in transit to next facility. It doesn’t even show where it is at

2. perchjerk

perchjerk Gold Member Gold Member

May 27, 2009
    Exact same thing for me. I just watched the mail lady come and go and went to check just to be sure and nothing. Little bummed but hopefully it will be here tomorrow. I'm guessing the holiday may have slowed things down a bit.

3. cnm123

cnm123 Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 7, 2015
    Just got mine in.
    It's really nice, but the liners need to be blacked out.

And the clip is on wrong.

4. Andrew Underwood

Andrew Underwood

Nov 25, 2017
    I’m sure it is just the holidays. But it just seems odd that it hasn’t updated with any locations at all.

5. Misthailin

Misthailin

Mar 15, 2017
    Mine says delivered. I’ll add pictures when I get home.

6. sharp_edge

sharp_edge Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 30, 2015
    Guys - look at it this way: the longer you wait, the more excited you will be when you get the package.:D

7. sn0wman72

sn0wman72 Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 13, 2017
    The tracking information was never updated for my order...It was delivered on Saturday

8. Arkansaw

Arkansaw

Dec 9, 2016
    Mine came in. I have a blue pair of Putnam anso scales sitting here on my desk, but for some reason I'm really liking the Jade and am now hesitant to swap.. what is wrong with me? lol.

Regarding the knife, it is awesome, perfect lock up, blade centering, everything. I thought I'd hate the jade but now I have it in hand, I have a hard decision on my hands.

9. Ricky Spanish

Ricky Spanish

Mar 22, 2018
    Put some FDE scales on the one I’m going to carry / use. You guys weren’t kidding about the lanyard tube being a pain in the ass. I scratched up the tube trying to get it loose before realizing it didn’t need to come off. I’ll replace the hardware in the near future now that I know what to expect.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

bigolegator, anycal, jbmonkey and 3 others like this.
  10. Knibes

Knibes

Oct 9, 2013
    Mine has a very nice action and perfect centering. Flawless all around. Thank you Spyderco and BHQ.

Sigsog226 likes this.
  11. Sigsog226

Sigsog226 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 3, 2013
    Mine too, and its my first pm2 to drop freely out of the box, without a break in period.

Knibes likes this.
  12. Lipripper

Lipripper

Oct 15, 2017
    Got my three today. One of them is slightlyyy off center, but I'm not gonna complain. Everything else about them is pretty much flawless except maybe an uneven grind but I never worry about that.

What I am somewhat surprised about that I don't think anyone has mentioned is how aggressive this g10 is!? Way more aggressive than any other spyderco I own (including the jade millie). Definitely gonna shred up some pocket fabric before they break in lol.

All in all awesome job Spyderco!

13. VME

VME

Jun 2, 2015
    Got mine today for my first PM2. Loving it, dunno why I waited so long to try a PM2. Clip was kind of a PITA to install.

Really want to find the Manix now to match it.

[​IMG]

anycal, jbmonkey, DRoth and 2 others like this.
  14. AwayFromMySpydieHole

AwayFromMySpydieHole

Jan 30, 2017

In my experience almost any PM2 can be made to drop freely with a careful reassembly. I've only had 1 or 2 (literally) that weren't able to drop free without blade play after being taken apart and reassembled, and I've owned 50+ PM2's.

It's the one's that have blade play despite being fully tightened that require actual "work."

In fact I fixed one just about an hour ago that didn't drop free. Now it literally falls shut with gravity with ZERO blade play. Nice! Before I took it apart the blade was bound up pretty good, and if you loosened the pivot enough to get it to fall there would be lots of play. It's all in the careful reassembly. :thumbsup:

BigKurtHaze likes this.
  15. Knibes

Knibes

Oct 9, 2013
    [​IMG]

16. sharp_edge

sharp_edge Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 30, 2015
    This is how this thread should be heading forward:thumbsup:

Knibes likes this.
  17. Sigsog226

Sigsog226 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 3, 2013
    0402181915-1.jpg 0402181915a-1.jpg 0402181918a-1.jpg

18. jbmonkey

jbmonkey Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jun 9, 2011
    got mine today. perfect example.....
    1522712419821527969982.jpg 1522712448333494154939.jpg

19. DRoth

DRoth

Apr 10, 2016
    More perfection from Spyderco and BHQ! Can't wait for the red dlc m390 from JB/DLT! IMG_20180402_163823-01.jpeg

20. anycal

anycal

Jan 11, 2017
    Now you're talking crazy,

[​IMG]

bigolegator, toxophilus, bk. and 3 others like this.