BHQ Para2 black CPM-M4, jade scales

Cant believe how many of these Jade/M4 DLC are on ebay already.

Meh... that's flipping for you.

Here is what's blowing my mind... guys here who bought knives and are swapping blades around, which will clearly void any warranty, and then reselling the Franken-knife at a premium. Better still, deciding the swapped blade isn't for them so putting everything back to original and selling the knife, again in a condition that voids the warranty, at a premium. Just disclosing this doesn't make it right.

Rant off...

Meh... that's flipping for you.

Here is what's blowing my mind... guys here who bought knives and are swapping blades around, which will clearly void any warranty, and then reselling the Franken-knife at a premium. Better still, deciding the swapped blade isn't for them so putting everything back to original and selling the knife, again in a condition that voids the warranty, at a premium. Just disclosing this doesn't make it right.

Rant off...

Actually, it doesn't. This is directly from Spyderco's warranty page,
'If a knife has been disassembled and reassembled correctly—so as to maintain its proper mechanical function—this warranty remains in full effect. '

And, how does disclosing you disassembled a knife prior to selling it not make it right? It is absolutely the right thing to do, letting the buyer know. It is then up to that person to decide - informed decision.

I take all my knives apart. I have never sold one, nor do I plan on selling any of them. I have given a bunch away. So personally, this doesn't affect me. But I don't agree with what you wrote.

^^^ disassembly and reassembly has been a hot topic around here lately, certainly after the Lum tanto quality issues. Also with recent commentary from Sal himself on the subject. Point is this, if said knife were to have a real warranty issue, but it had been previously subjected to a blade swap, seems a pretty hard claim to then say it had all been done correctly.

Do you really think playing musical-blades is going to fly as normal, ordinary disassembly/reassembly? Zero chance spyderco would condone blade swapping for any reason.

And my second point is that just straight buying and flipping for a profit is one thing. I don't personally have much heartburn over it. But buy a knife then screw with it and see if it suits your fancy, the resell for a profit... I don't know... seems another level of low that just simply disclosing doesn't cover.

Just my opinion and I also have no stake in this one. Just seems to bug me. Maybe I just need a Snickers bar...

^^^ disassembly and reassembly has been a hot topic around here lately, certainly after the Lum tanto quality issues. Also with recent commentary from Sal himself on the subject. Point is this, if said knife were to have a real warranty issue, but it had been previously subjected to a blade swap, seems a pretty hard claim to then say it had all been done correctly.

Do you really think playing musical-blades is going to fly as normal, ordinary disassembly/reassembly? Zero chance spyderco would condone blade swapping for any reason.

And my second point is that just straight buying and flipping for a profit is one thing. I don't personally have much heartburn over it. But buy a knife then screw with it and see if it suits your fancy, the resell for a profit... I don't know... seems another level of low that just simply disclosing doesn't cover.

Just my opinion and I also have no stake in this one. Just seems to bug me. Maybe I just need a Snickers bar...

Not sure what your rant/complaint is about. As long as the seller discloses in his sales ad the fact that the knife has been disassembled, swapped, frankened, or even submerged in a dirty toilet, it should be all fine for him to ask for whatever price he wants.

Not sure what your rant/complaint is about. As long as the seller discloses in his sales ad the fact that the knife has been disassembled, swapped, frankened, or even submerged in a dirty toilet, it should be all fine for him to ask for whatever price he wants.
I agree, If someone beat the #ell out of a maxamet or cruwear pm2 and still sold it for 30% markup, the only party to blame would be spyderco themselves for not producing more and also the peoples individual desire to want one at that price. Supply and demand. If you don't want to buy knives at a higher price maybe tell Spyderco to make more? But wheres the fun in that?! We all love having something no one else or very few people have.:D

I also believe the pm2s design is so rock solid itll be fine after disassembly many many times so no worries there.

JRS9Clr.jpg

Mine arrived on Monday afternoon. Hopefully two will be enough to last a lifetime!

I bought 2 of them. Both are perfect right out of the box. Centering dead on, smooth action, free droppers and they look great to me. I don't mind the liners not being blacked out like my jade Manix 2. I'm very happy with them. One to keep nice and one I am going to use and abuse and see how it holds up over time. These little guys are now my favorite knives. I just love everything about them. They look great and I really like the M4 blade steel. I've been partial to that since I bought the GB2 and KW CF PM2. I couldn't be happier.

Last edited:
They won't let you get more than 3, even in multiple orders. Already tried that.

I have 5 of them now, I think I'm good. :D

Thanks man!

Ha, so they are actually enforcing the limit this time? I placed 3 order of 2 each on the Manix DLC at the drop and got all 6 with no issues. Lol.

Wishful thinking, but I can't imagine them not doing it. They're printing money and delighting knifenuts with these awesome combos.
It was intended as a one run and done project, but I would recommend signing up for email alerts on the product page in case any more become available. http://www.dlttrading.com/spyderco-paramilitary-2-red-g-10-m390-blade

Thanks, - DLT TRADING

Edit: I am not rep DLT just quoting their answer to a question about the knife

And another day goes by that the knife didn’t come in and no update on the shipping. Something seems fishy with the post office
I ordered mine the second that came on line Tuesday night and still haven't received mine. Tracking has said in transit to next destination since last Thursday. ???

That is exactly what I did and exactly what the tracking says. I order a lot of things online and it always updates and shows the city they r in. This one hasn’t updated since April 1 and has never shown a location

It was intended as a one run and done project, but I would recommend signing up for email alerts on the product page in case any more become available. http://www.dlttrading.com/spyderco-paramilitary-2-red-g-10-m390-blade

Thanks, - DLT TRADING

Edit: I am not rep DLT just quoting their answer to a question about the knife

I could be wrong but the way I read it, it is more to address possibly returned items of the original run by customers. When was this message posted by DLT? It could also be a clever way of DLT attracting people to visit their site.

Back