Bonecutter, HI warranty and "advertising" pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope any owner of this very knife won't take the literal meaning of Bagh Marne by trying to kill a very live tiger using that particular knife as the only weapon, seriously please!
mohd

And if they do try, I am sure we will not see a thread about false advertising; one way or the other:)

You come into our self respecting community ...shoot up the town then when the smoke clears ya see if you have any friends left willing to sit down and have a beer with you! Something fundamentally wrong with that!

Last edited:
ndog ... The main thing I have learned in this forum is that decency prevails, unlike elsewhere online. For anyone to enter this portal with the intention of "seeing what people are made of" by trolling, baiting, etc. is sad and disgraceful.

I'm pondering closing this one....aw wait, wrong forum, I'm nobody here. My bad!

We now return you to your regularly scheduled day time soap opera. We pick up As the World Turns as Amanda is cheating on her purse dog spike with a weiner dog of questionable repute.............................

You come in to our self respecting community ...shoot up the town then when the smoke clears ya see if you have any friends left willing to sit down and have a beer with you! Something fundamentally wrong with that!

Exactly what ive said from the start!!!!!! It should have been closed the day it was posted.

I think we need a group hug! Anyone know how to sing Kumbiya in Devangri? That might be kind of tough I'm thinking.

Very true. Sorry mc5aw I edited my post cause I didnt want it to sound like it was directed at you my friend! I've never heard of "trolling" and such. Momma tought me better than stick my head in a hornets nest and kick it to see what happens.
ndog ... The main thing I have learned in this forum is that decency prevails, unlike elsewhere online. For anyone to enter this portal with the intention of "seeing what people are made of" by trolling, baiting, etc. is sad and disgraceful.
Ok Stick a fork in me!

I'm pondering closing this one....aw wait, wrong forum, I'm nobody here. My bad!

We now return you to your regularly scheduled day time soap opera. We pick up As the World Turns as Amanda is cheating on her purse dog spike with a weiner dog of questionable repute.............................
I missed a few episodes. How did spike come back? The last I remember was him falling overboard on a cruise to Hawaii and right afterwards Amanda was attempting suicide.
I'm confused.

Yesterday, snowwolf posted this comment:

"Yesterday I read pretty much everything available for reading on the HI website. I learned a lot about the products, the company and the spirit behind it.....

"I really didn't mean to offend anyone with thread. I live in a world of cutthroat capitalism where Mc D-beep-ald's gets sued by careless people burning themselves with hot coffee....

"I fired the discussion to see what the people here are made of ...."

I'm willing to accept at this point that snowwolf's postings were well-intentioned and that their resemblance to a particular person banned in the past for various transgressions is purely coincidental.

On that assumption, it's worth noting what's wrong with all this. In the first place, snowwolf joined this forum in November of this year, which means he was on the forum only a few days before deciding to "fire the discussion" and "see what the people here are made of." That's pretty much the definition of trolling, whether "friendly" or not. There are many online forums in which this is common behavior, but it is neither common nor accepted here. Snowwolf would have known that if he had followed the forum for a few weeks or a few months before deciding to post a provocative comment. That's mistake number one.

We now see that snowwolf read through the HI website the day before yesterday, which is after his original posting. Perhaps if he had done that research earlier, his posting would have been less offensive and also less legalistic. Himalayan Imports has been in business for more than a decade and it smacks of arrogance for someone who just showed up a few days ago to be giving legal or business advice, and to become argumentative when people called him on it. This does in fact remind me of two or three other people who posted a lot of complaints and business advice on the forum last year before leaving or being banned.

Lastly, when snowwolf tells us that he lives "in a world of cutthroat capitalism," it's not clear if he's speaking generally about the world that we all live in, or if he is personally involved in the legal profession. I don't much care. The fact is, Himalayan Imports is not a cutthroat capitalist type of business, though it has to accommodate economic realities. Moreover, HI's creations come from Nepal, which has its own problems but (for better or worse) is very different from the cutthroat legalist environment of the U.S. Many of the forumites here are from other countries, something else that snowwolf would know if he had been here for more than a few days. So generalizations based on lawsuits over MacDonalds hot coffee are not sufficient justification for spouting off in a brand new arena.

The sad thing about all this is that it is indeed very common behavior on internet forums, and perhaps that's an excuse for a person new to this forum. As long as it is not perpetuated.

Ok, this thread has officially become annoying to me...........

for some reason, I can't stop reading it though

mcd coffee was hotter than any other fast food coffee in the whole country ( the hotter the less beans for the same flavor)
Many people had been burned by it before but mcd didn't change it's practice.
The lady who sued had asked mcd to only pay half of her doctors bill. Mcd refused.

Is it common sense not to burn my genitals? Kind of but if a product is more dangerous than all other similar products and people have been injured by it before a little warning could be nice.

So yes it's still a bit ridiculous but not as outrageous as when you don't know the details and reasoning of the judgement.

I missed a few episodes. How did spike come back? The last I remember was him falling overboard on a cruise to Hawaii and right afterwards Amanda was attempting suicide.
I'm confused.

Oh man, you missed the good stuff. Spike was picked up by a friendly Dolphin who anticipated Amanda's destination in Hawaii and delivered him to the dock where he was waiting when she arrived. He even put one of them flower necklaces on her with his mouth of course. He ate some of the flowers but they were hardly missed.

In her joy to see spike again she forgot all about suicide, at least for now. I'm sure we'll see more of that on Days of Our Lives.

She did try to do herself in on the boat over but due to poor planning she jumped only from near the water line in her steerage cabin. Her acting all rich and stuff is just an act. Her long hair got caught in the window mechanism and she didn't even get wet.
Did require an emergency shampoo and deep conditioning but all is well.

Thanks for asking.

Lol. That's way better than any soap opera I've ever seen.
Just one minor thing, when Amanda got stuck with her hair I expected that they would solve the problem with a bone cutter.
:)

But of course, that goes without saying, thought you'd know that.

Testing the limits of reasonability and common sense are factors that lead to modification of the old warranty.
Unreasonable expectation of steels and knife usage are what lead the way there.

As simple as that. These changes were made for a reason. All I'm saying is the picture challenges it. I'm not trying to tell how HI should conduct business. It's just an opinion.

And I certainly didn't start the controversy of the century. But it went from firing a discussion to burn the witch and sell the story to Oprah.

That's a lot of drama for a little bone next to a knife.

For the love of all things sharp and pointy, lets move on to more important conquest. Like posting pictures of Bonecutters. Who has the biggest Bonecutter known to man? Out with em.

And please, please, please no more mention of Oprah.

I just threw up a little bit in my mouth.

As simple as that. These changes were made for a reason. All I'm saying is the picture challenges it. I'm not trying to tell how HI should conduct business. It's just an opinion.

And I certainly didn't start the controversy of the century. But it went from firing a discussion to burn the witch and sell the story to Oprah.

That's a lot of drama for a little bone next to a knife.

Man you created all this drama!!! Now your playing like its our fault for coming at you like we are. You have issues man. Im done with adding to this nonsense, congrats on being the first on my ignore list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back