Buoy, Junior, & the Bull

Personally I'm loving the hint of green. A Fantastic touch.

You may be right, I may be crazy. But...

Stacked leather handles will get a lot of character from use, my job is to give you a blank canvas.

^That may be the cheesiest thing I've ever said but I think it's true.
A little more up and down the grits and got things cleaned up. Very happy with how the stacks lined up. The oversize leather block helps things get nice and even in the center.
IMG_20180714_231151-1024x1819.jpg

Thanks Jared, that means a lot, but I think the the fact of the matter is that I'm just stubborn!

You're very welcome my friend! Stubborn is not always a bad thing! ;) :thumbsup:

I prefer to think of it as persistent and dedicated to the best results. No sense of doing anything otherwise, IMHO.
Lots of character still to come :) This is a greater than exceptional knife handle - stubborn on Readmeadow :thumbsup:

Ray

Last edited:
It's only Wednesday :( not that I'm wishing my life away or anything ...

R

And just life that, it was Friday...

How are you guys holding up?

I gotta go to work in a few. I don't wanna go.
"Then from the rear a voice was heard 'please Mr Custer'..."

I've not fallen completely off the face of the Earth, just been dangling off of the edge.

The kids wanted to do some forging in the middle of punching the stitchline, more on that in another thread. "Hey Dad, we want to make a hot knife!" is hard to turn down.

I've not fallen completely off the face of the Earth, just been dangling off of the edge.

The kids wanted to do some forging in the middle of punching the stitchline, more on that in another thread. "Hey Dad, we want to make a hot knife!" is hard to turn down.
And SNAKES! ;)

Did you get the Lillie Hammer? (That's just fun to say!)

And SNAKES! ;)

Did you get the Lillie Hammer? (That's just fun to say!)
No, that handle length is holding me back. I really like the shape of his rounding hammers, but I really don't have enough experience to know. We need a thread about forging, that bug has really bit me... like a snake!

No, that handle length is holding me back. I really like the shape of his rounding hammers, but I really don't have enough experience to know. We need a thread about forging, that bug has really bit me... like a snake!
I dont know if the images showed up yesterday, but here's the one I like, and got it at a local farrier supply store, I like the handle on it.
IMG_20180725_122429.jpg IMG_20180725_122318.jpg

Forgot to get back to you on that Dennis, I looked into them and I'm gonna pick one up I think. What weight is yours? I'd like to get something under 3lbs.

Back