Busses and Whisky

That's an amazing price on 16 It's 89/90's everywhere around me. But the bigger question is, no Kirkland 22YO
Speyside? o_O
Yeah, the price was right. I have the Kirkland 22yo at home, so wanted to try others. I'd already spent ~$250, but this had my eye:

61698331294__596A232F-A8A7-43BA-86F2-01B695568142.JPG

;)

So that Tom is a pretty limited edition looks like and that's a good price - I just did an online order for some things I can't find anywhere locally, a Japanese, Indian and Islay I've been on the hunt for.
I haven't been able to secure that Kirkland 22 because apparently there's some issue/fued with Costco and the Ohio liquor board. Apparently, they have to have a separate liquor store inside the store *like the Kroger's do* and they won't do it I've heard? Apparently it's going to require an out of state trip to do that. We're taking a trip in a couple months so planning a trip to a couple Virginia distillers for some "Old Dominion" single malts :D and will find that 22 along the way.

Gotta love that online ordering especially with a discount coupon and 2 of 3 on sale :D funny, I had left these sit in my cart followed by a email every day asking if I forgot to place the order, still I ignored it. Then they send a discount coupon to push you off the fence, ordered yesterday and it appears today... patience pays LOL!
Finally a Bowmore! another Islay distillery checked off. I had been seeking this one or Devils Cask but caught it on sale. I had to snap up this Amrut Fusion after being so impressed with their regular single malt. This is the one that scored 3rd best Whisky in the world several years ago. It's made from both Indian and Scottish barley hence the name "Fusion"
Finally, I read a lot of reviews on this Harmony, it scores quite high, on sale! Very nice, I cracked it first.

BowmoredarkestV8.jpg

Amrut Fusion is on my list for our whisky camping trip this year. Had the hibiki last year.

Amrut Fusion is on my list for our whisky camping trip this year. Had the Hibiki last year.
Have you had the Fusion before? I haven't cracked it yet - Had a pour of The Hibiki and very good! Only other Japanese I've had is the Nikka Pure Malt and I actually have bought it a couple times. I've also had Roku Gin and find it Amazing! This is a little more like that, some floral and herb notes to it, very smooth.
So I had to try the Bowmore.... I'll be honest, I'm struggling, I am really struggling with it. I haven't given up, I really struggled with Coryvreckan the first time too, it was a massive challenge, but actually have went through a second bottle. All about acclimation and searching for it's soul but this one is tough man :( It could just be where my palate is at the moment or something I hope or maybe need to let it do that oxidizing thing for a month or two.
So I'm about to go crack the Fusion but I know it will be good.

No I haven't had the fusion, each year we get a list of whiskies that we haven't tried and everyone has some. So far the fusion and balcones Single malt is on the list. We are still debating the last three bottles lol.

What don't you like about the Bowmore? The ones I have had have been pretty good.

No I haven't had the fusion, each year we get a list of whiskies that we haven't tried and everyone has some. So far the fusion and balcones Single malt is on the list. We are still debating the last three bottles lol.

What don't you like about the Bowmore? The ones I have had have been pretty good.
Well, the Fusion is as expected! And you can't go wrong with the Balcones Texas malt, that's on my "will buy again"

Well the Bowmore and I have come to terms - I think what happened is I tried too many in a short span and it didn't hit me just right. After some proper organizational adjustments - Me likes it just fine! in fact real fine!- it was just a bad chain of events :D ~ It's actually REALLY good ;)

Been enjoying this. A bit of peat and smoke, and a lot of herbs. Very drinkable.

IMG-6394.jpg

So, in case I hadn't mentioned it, my buddy that I'm staying with in CA while I'm here for work is Scottish, and has excellent taste. Figured this group would appreciate this.

Some Whisky flights yesterday (Saturday) evening... :cool:

IMG_2158.JPG

IMG_2156.jpg

IMG_2160.jpg

I was pretty damn impressed with the 25 yo, but boy howdy, that 30 yo was pretty amazing!!! :eek: :D

The crazy part was as they got older, the alcohol content went up, but you couldn't taste it as much. :cool:

Last edited:
Interesting as the age goes up, and the alcohol content goes up, the packaging get nicer by steps. Cardboard, to painted wood, to carved(?) wood.

Interesting as the age goes up, and the alcohol content goes up, the packaging get nicer by steps. Cardboard, to painted wood, to carved(?) wood.
Well HP30 can be had for 9 bills where I order a bit from so yeah, should come dressed to the 9's :D It's in stock too

Back