Busses and Whisky

A new 2-fer. I watched some reviews on the GOT collection and since I couldn't find it I decided to try the Clynelish14 which was spoken highly of. Also a new one for me snapped up the Glengoyne12
I'm going to call these "Lucky Bottles" as I was getting out of the car I heard a pop and a pop - had the cartons upside down and down went the tin lids followed by their respective bottles :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: I was about ready to go find a straw (that would've been a funny picture) but alas, life is good :cool:

And you hogs are welcome for keeping this thread from the back pages covered in dust :p ~ I didn't start it but I'll keep it going

CLyn-GlengoynFury.jpg

I did a little research on that Glenfarclas and :eek::eek::eek: That's super rare :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
The more has been drinked the rarer it gets ;)

Somehow i really like the Family Cask series in every way.
Cool gifts for peoples, very nice whisky from really old casks ...

The problem is, as older your friend is - its almost unaffordable to bring him such a gift lol

Last edited:
Made a road trip to Indiana to a cool store on advice from a fellow spirit seeker. Scored my first Campbeltown which completes all the major Scotch regions for my journey. I also saw the Lap Quarter cask for the first time! Made me think of Currawong as soon as I saw it so I had to snag. My target was the Amrut and wow! is it ever interesting. There's a whole lot going on in there. This is a must try for any single malt lover. You just wont get this out of Scotland man. I saw Whisky Dic's review on them and I became obsessed, it was worth the trip alone.
Happy 4th to all! you know I'll be happy :eek::D

Amrutgang.jpg

Picked up an Ardbeg Wee Beastie yesterday and two bottles of Yamazaki 12 for friends.

Leonardo63 Leonardo63 which Amrut is that? Congrats on the Springbank, it can be hard to find sometimes.
This Amrut is their basic single malt. They have a cask strength version and one called Fusion that I know of but this is the highest rated of the group as far as I know.
As soon as I spotted the Springbank it was an absolute snag! None of the stores in my area carry a single thing Campbeltown so I have been on the lookout for it. Just cracked it open actually and yea, it's got some nuances to it that are quite unique!

That's an excellent collection and good on you for keeping that table !!

One of these days you'll try Laphroaig 30yo and then you'll know what it's all about !!! :cool:

1Hw8GLg.jpg

Rest now Ye' Valiant Soldier :(:(:(

That is one I am yet to try....I feel like potting soil made for planting seeds LOL! .... My last bottle Balv doublewood is about to be rendered nothing more than another cork on the vase :(

That's an excellent collection and good on you for keeping that table !!

One of these days you'll try Laphroaig 30yo and then you'll know what it's all about !!! :cool:
I cracked that Lap QC open late last night- wow, what a punch in the face .... I venture to guess it might be some time before that 30 might appear, I won't even ask how sharply that may cut into the wallet :eek:

It's funny how fate works at times. the wife sent me on a hunt for some Friday's Mudslide mix as we like to do those in the pool on weekends. So I went to several grocery stores after work today to no avail, only 1 brand *which we don't care for* all I could find. On a whim stopped by a liquor store I frequent and WALLA! I scored what she wanted *points scored thank you* I wasn't even thinking about Scotch but walked by the closeout isle for fun and what did I see? :eek: Only my favorite Compass Box, a half dozen bottles of Hedonism. Fate I tell ya, amazing fate - I stand by this is the absolute most worthy $100 bottle of Scotch you can have the good fortune to score.
Here's the funny part- I ran into a friend of mine and we were talking and I said hey, you have to try this, told him what I scored, he's heard me rave about it before. So we sat in the car and I poured him a glass - He's not a Scotch guy at all - He was enamored and goes "Wow, I guess I've only had cheap shit. Damn, you know what? you sob, you just cost me $200 bucks, I'm going to go get 2 of them" HAHAHA!
As I was fooling with the foil cap I discovered this was a perfect fit HAHA!
compassboxcap.jpg

Not a Busse per se, but hey, I'm out of state right now, lol. ;)

IMG_2054.JPG

Nice, high ABV Macallan. :cool: I'm digging it, tasty. :D

Staying with a buddy while I'm here working, and I might have gone a bit overboard at Costco on Monday... :eek: :D

IMG_2039.JPG

The other bottles are pretty good too! :thumbsup: ;)

Back