Busses and Whisky

We just got in a bottle of ABunadh. Gonna give it a try. Will keep you posted.
Garth
OK, I'm waiting??????..... I am not kidding, when it comes to this it's no sht, about my favorite sherry cask, fruity style. Where it scores the most points, it's high test coming in 60% + abv. I picked up another bottle, #67, also wonderful. In fact, I'm having it at this moment.

I know Garth is a passionate Tequila worshipper but drinking with Jerry *probably required in the employee handbook* will submit a soul to almost any imaginable violation on occasion. I'm not sure how such a sophisticated piece of distiller mastery is going to be accepted. For all we know it could end up as coolant on a milling machine.

OK, I'm waiting??????..... I am not kidding, when it comes to this it's no sht, about my favorite sherry cask, fruity style. Where it scores the most points, it's high test coming in 60% + abv. I picked up another bottle, #67, also wonderful. In fact, I'm having it at this moment.

I know Garth is a passionate Tequila worshipper but drinking with Jerry *probably required in the employee handbook* will submit a soul to almost any imaginable violation on occasion. I'm not sure how such a sophisticated piece of distiller mastery is going to be accepted. For all we know it could end up as coolant on a milling machine.

Yes, it is great stuff, My first batch was 24 and it was incredible. Then I got a few in the 40's and a bunch in the 50's batches. I am working on those right now. I think I still have a 52, 53, 54 ,and 56 unopened with a 52 open.

Yes, it is great stuff, My first batch was 24 and it was incredible. Then I got a few in the 40's and a bunch in the 50's batches. I am working on those right now. I think I still have a 52, 53, 54 ,and 56 unopened with a 52 open.
Hey guy! It seems like it's been so long since I've seen you! And all your amazing bottles will forever be imprinted on my brain as it was a big influence on my journey especially with your tutoring. After 2 years, got quite a few miles travelled on the whisky adventure. All the best to you sir!

With that, my latest snag, and what a great snag it is. Paired with another regular in the cabinet, Oban Little bay.

ElmaxSawback.jpg

OFF TOPIC -- Somebody gave me a bottle of that tequila with George Clooney's signature on the label (Casamigos Blanco). Much as I hate to admit it, it doesn't suck. Worse still, it's pretty damn good.

Hey guy! It seems like it's been so long since I've seen you! And all your amazing bottles will forever be imprinted on my brain as it was a big influence on my journey especially with your tutoring. After 2 years, got quite a few miles travelled on the whisky adventure. All the best to you sir!

With that, my latest snag, and what a great snag it is. Paired with another regular in the cabinet, Oban Little bay.

View attachment 1581844

The journey is a fun one. I have slowed my purchasing down to very little these days. I buddy told me about the new Elijah Craig rye, so went out and got it. Incredible rye for 32 bucks.

The other one that impressed me was smoke wagon. The cask strength one. Really nice

Last night I bought some Johnnie Walker White at 3:30 in the morning because the price was marked down to $28.00!!!!

It's gonna have to be pretty bad to not be worth $28.00!

I will let you know how it pours . . . .

Let's Drink!

Jerry

Last night I bought some Johnnie Walker White at 3:30 in the morning because the price was marked down to $28.00!!!!

It's gonna have to be pretty bad to not be worth $28.00!

I will let you know how it pours . . . .

Let's Drink!

Jerry

3:30 AM!!! The only places open in my area at that hour are 7/11's and gas stations

Currawong Currawong I think I might have something here that would tighten up your knickers!
Can't wait to get home and crack this open - Knew nothing about it, limited edition for Ardbeg Day this year, released in June for the USA.

From their notes (On the nose) frighteningly intense aromas of soot and smoke lie in wait. Hints of aniseed and fragrant patchouli interlace with bold notes of quenched steel and saddle soap. With a drop of water, herbal top notes of briarwood, sage and pine wisp their way to the fore.

I've never drank quenching fluid - no doubt this will be a punch in the face 😲

Scorch.jpg

Currawong Currawong I think I might have something here that would tighten up your knickers!
Can't wait to get home and crack this open - Knew nothing about it, limited edition for Ardbeg Day this year, released in June for the USA.

From their notes (On the nose) frighteningly intense aromas of soot and smoke lie in wait. Hints of aniseed and fragrant patchouli interlace with bold notes of quenched steel and saddle soap. With a drop of water, herbal top notes of briarwood, sage and pine wisp their way to the fore.

I've never drank quenching fluid - no doubt this will be a punch in the face 😲

View attachment 1589282

Haven't seen that one yet. Gonna have to get it. Ardbeg is a favorite of mine, along with bruichladdich octomore

Haven't seen that one yet. Gonna have to get it. Ardbeg is a favorite of mine, along with bruichladdich octomore
WOWEE! Yes, you have to find this one Cobalt.
I get a few of those nosing notes and kind of a unique "freshness" I'll toss to the saddle soap mention. Also the pine. Those set it apart from any Arbeg's I've had.
I was expecting a cranked up Corryvreckan with super heavy peat, and it certainly shares some similar DNA.
I've only had a few Ard's, Ten, Corryvreckan and my fave Ard', Uigeadail but this, is unique while quintessentially Ardbeg. Even I could call this one out in a blind taste.

WOWEE! Yes, you have to find this one Cobalt.
I get a few of those nosing notes and kind of a unique "freshness" I'll toss to the saddle soap mention. Also the pine. Those set it apart from any Arbeg's I've had.
I was expecting a cranked up Corryvreckan with super heavy peat, and it certainly shares some similar DNA.
I've only had a few Ard's, Ten, Corryvreckan and my fave Ard', Uigeadail but this, is unique while quintessentially Ardbeg. Even I could call this one out in a blind taste.

Gonna look for it tomorrow. Sounds good. The special bottling from the are always crazy, like Drum

qfEFC7l.jpg
Completed the Weller set with cypb.

How about a little "Ganza" Custom Shop Elmax? Man, what an impressive little "Thin Mini" slicing beauty! Just love this curvy skinner style of thin slice.

And for A'bunadh fans, grab this batch if you can! It's absolute gem of a batch (#68) and why it is one of my all time favorites.

View attachment 1573726
Wow! What a beauty!

Back