Busses and Whisky

Lockdown life

IMG-8201.jpg

Now I know how to get a pic with this long fella with my next bottle.
For the tequila lover, I suggest the most amazing agave nectar I have ever had~ Grand Mayan extremely old~ smoother than lemonade.

As a former drinker, I’d like to suggest an idea that was just inspired by currawong’s photo. Would love to see someone use the TNT-15 like a saber to open a bottle champagne. If that’s too off topic, then it would still be pretty cool to see on a non-carbonated bottle of whiskey. I’d do it myself, but not only am I a dry guy, I’m known as a bit of a klutz. 😬

Could some EU Hog try this and report back?
I find it oddly intriguing, but sadly it's available only in the EU.

Distilled and aged in Ireland, Rammstein Whiskey is a blend of triple distilled grain and a double distilled malt. Aged for 10 years in ex Bourbon casks and finished for a minimum of 6 months in ex Sherry casks. With a delicate fruity nose and a smooth taste of spices and vanilla.

20211102-073841_Whiskey.jpg.webp

Distilled and aged in Ireland, Rammstein Whiskey is a blend of triple distilled grain and a double distilled malt. Aged for 10 years in ex Bourbon casks and finished for a minimum of 6 months in ex Sherry casks. With a delicate fruity nose and a smooth taste of spices and vanilla.

Looked into this but I can't find anywhere selling it in Ireland even though it's saying it's distilled and aged here.
Probably some small distiller making it for Rammstein.
It's on sale in Germany though and looks to be only released but I'll keep an eye out for it.

Last edited:

That's probably only a slight improvement over drinking methylated spirits... Just my personal experience with Irish Whiskey...
Might taste better... but does it really make that much difference if going blind tases better or not?

I find it hard to beat an ordinary Jameson or Powers. It might be the quantity that's the problem. I nearly drank a full 750ml bottle of Jameson one night and I knew about it the next morning🤢😥. If it doesn't have an e in it I don't drink it. Uisce beatha is Irish for whiskey and means Water of Life so we like it enough😉

I find it hard to beat an ordinary Jameson or Powers. It might be the quantity that's the problem. I nearly drank a full 750ml bottle of Jameson one night and I knew about it the next morning🤢😥. If it doesn't have an e in it I don't drink it. Uisce beatha is Irish for whiskey and means Water of Life so we like it enough😉
Try that with a bottle of ~ €50+ single malt Scotch!
I never had an issue next morning!
Even if it was up to choosing the right road of the fuzzy four possible directions to get to the job...

😂😂 might try it sometime but if I'm spending over €50 on a bottle I nearly expect it to drive me to work.
For all I drink now though I might try a bottle as my own reserve.👍

😂😂 might try it sometime but if I'm spending over €50 on a bottle I nearly expect it to drive me to work.
For all I drink now though I might try a bottle as my own reserve.👍
If you play it right you might just feel like you were teleported to work in the mornig...

That's probably only a slight improvement over drinking methylated spirits... Just my personal experience with Irish Whiskey...
Might taste better... but does it really make that much difference if going blind tases better or not?

Redbreast Lustau is quite good.
That is an understatement.
A substantial uderstatement.

Little shocking surprise for me recently. I'm on week 2 after getting my ass totally kicked by the Rona and learned something devastating. So we've all heard how taste/smell gets screwed up and boy does it. On Saturday, one of my best days yet, I decided to try a small pour since my sniffer and licker were coming back. A little Glenmorangie 10, I had a taste and almost tossed my cookies. It was pure vinegar and silicone tub sealant - that's seriously what it reminded me of. I'm worried, seriously worried. So far this is the most devastating results that I hope pass soon.

If anyone else has had the misfortune I'm curious how long this will last otherwise, my drinking is over....:oops:

Little shocking surprise for me recently. I'm on week 2 after getting my ass totally kicked by the Rona and learned something devastating. So we've all heard how taste/smell gets screwed up and boy does it. On Saturday, one of my best days yet, I decided to try a small pour since my sniffer and licker were coming back. A little Glenmorangie 10, I had a taste and almost tossed my cookies. It was pure vinegar and silicone tub sealant - that's seriously what it reminded me of. I'm worried, seriously worried. So far this is the most devastating results that I hope pass soon.

If anyone else has had the misfortune I'm curious how long this will last otherwise, my drinking is over....:oops:
One of my friends got his mostly back within a month and a half or so. Someone else told me that it's been almost a year and things still don't taste the same.

Brother I'm sorry to hear about all that. I'd wondered why you'd been a bit quiet. Hope you're recovering well health-wise. If you can't enjoy scotch from here, then wow, what a rotten outcome. They don't tell you about that as symptom of covid. As unwisefool says, hopefully it returns in time.

The son of a close friend got a case of ChiCom virus. He didn't lose smell and taste. What happened to him is any meat smelled putrid, he couldn't get to the point of seeing if it tasted as bad as it smelled. That was back in either Dec. '20, or Jan. '21. Last I heard, he is now back to the point the meat doesn't smell rotten anymore.

Back