Camillus and Schrade of Old Given Short Shrift Now-A-Days

Earlier (not earliest) Uncle Henry 897UH with the nearly black staglon for the dark color on the Delrin. Compared to the later brown coloration in the Delrin. OH
Schrade_Uncle_Henry_897UH_-_early_dark_Delrin.jpg

Schrade_Uncle_Henry_897UH_NRA.jpg

I've tried several Schrade fixed blades for a deer hunters knife, this 15OT is probably more suitable for elk or moose than for whitetail. This was a pawnshop rescue that I brought back to useable condition. Sat in my hotel room one night and honed my way through a college basketball game. The shield was a gift from ORVET, a well known knife craftsman who posts on AAPK. I epoxied it in the slot - won't ever come off again! OH
Schrade_15OT_Old_Timer_(1).jpg

Schrade_15OT_Old_Timer_(2).jpg

I own a 160OT and a 165OT, having used both on whitetail I found that I prefer the 160OT for the thinner blade and the blade upsweep for skinning. I'm guessing the 160OT has the about the same blade as the popular Uncle Henry 153UH, differing in handle style. Just ignore the 25OT, it was in the only picture I have of the two fixed-blades together. Bottom picture is me cleaning a deer with the 160OT. OH
Schrade-USA-Old-Timers-160-OT-25-OT-165-OT.jpg

Mark-Me-with-Schrade-160-OT.jpg

Delrin is pretty tough, but I don't think I'll try pounding nails with it! That's is a really sweet item there thanks for sharing.

Cal with that 2013 Stamp on the Tang, was Herman still customizing Schrade USA Knives after they closed in 2004? That's a nice Knife!

Thanks Cal for keeping me up with the Play, I remember reading something about Herman coming into the Schrade workplace and working within?

Recent acquisition: Old 3-line Camillus rope knife with pickbone covers. The front cover has 3 grooves cut into it, making me wonder if this wasn't a knife reserved for use with cheese and/or fish by someone adhering to Kosher laws. I have a little paint to remove from the covers as part of minimal cleanup.

Camillus_Rope1.jpg
Camillus_Rope2.jpg

G GusSharp68 It would have been made before 1973 (the year Schrade-Walden dropped the Walden from their name and from the tang stamp). It possibly has a serial number on the brass liner inside the knife - from the beginning of the Uncle Henry line until 1973. Not exact for you, but a range to zero in on. OH

G GusSharp68 It would have been made before 1973 (the year Schrade-Walden dropped the Walden from their name and from the tang stamp). It possibly has a serial number on the brass liner inside the knife - from the beginning of the Uncle Henry line until 1973. Not exact for you, but a range to zero in on. OH
Thank you

Back