Camillus and Schrade of Old Given Short Shrift Now-A-Days

Schrade 236

eC9jDRb.jpg

Well I’m vlery happy to report that I seemed to have fixed the UV faded mark side delrin covers on this 804 with some black and brown dye. Going to do a final step of polishing both sides a bit but this really seemed to have done the trick. Showing the pile side as reference (that wasn’t UV faded and shows how close I was able to get the mark side to it).

Before…
View attachment 2513762View attachment 2513763

After (but before polishing)…

View attachment 2513766View attachment 2513767

After a little polishing…

View attachment 2513806View attachment 2513807

Last edited:
Well I’m vlery happy to report that I seemed to have fixed the UV faded mark side delrin covers on this 804 with some black and brown dye. Going to do a final step of polishing both sides a bit but this really seemed to have done the trick. Showing the pile side as reference (that wasn’t UV faded and shows how close I was able to get the mark side to it).

Before…

That is a very nice restoration of the handles. OH

That is a very nice restoration of the handles. OH
Thank you Bruce, I was worried the mark side wouldn’t end up matching the pile side (which I didn’t use any dye on at all). It was surprisingly easy with the Fiebing’s black and dark brown dye. the lighter spots that resulted were from a little bit of sanding and probably not how it was originally but I think it looks good regardless. I can always use a little brown dye on those spots if I want to try and get it back as close to what it probably looked like originally.

Before…

👍
Great job !

Back