Carothers and Guns

Hey Matt that is an awesome combo. Is the DEK acid washed?

Thank you Darrel, yes my one and only DEK1 which is acid washed. I've really fallen in lurve with this pattern much more so than I had originally thought as to how much it would appeal to me. As much as I like/luv it, I will hesitate getting another one for myself till those who are still chasing this pattern get one (I may even help a CPK-brother here and there too in terms of proxying). I will definitely put my name down for a couple more when Nathan goes full on production model DEK1 and starts a pre-order.

OT: I took my CZ-RAMI in for a different trigger and a reach reduction kit from CGW because sadly I had selected the wrong trigger from CGW the last time! That was all my fault because I rushed the order, so that was none of theirs. I had chosen the "thick trigger" which in the past had come with the older CZ models in the .45 caliber (bigger full size platforms). In the smaller RAMI, that pushed the trigger too forward so it downed on me that in a situation which none of us ever would want to encounter, there's the slightest chance that I may not be able to get my trigger finger inside the trigger guard and to the trigger for that kinda purpose without actually positioning my grip in a certain way! Under such scenario with the adrenaline rush, something terrible could and would happen. Anyway, the whole purpose of this yammering is to say when I get that back, I will pair that one up with the CPK-EDC for their own photo-op.

BTW, shooting that RAMI with my (bad selection) thick trigger while target practicing was not a problem but then again I tend to over-think stuff and the thought of crapping the sheets if it really came to it, was a very discomforting thought gnawing at me with what I had done. The folks at CGW are really great and they set me right after the facts although I did cost myself a good few extra $ due to my own under edumacation! Better be safe than sorry with your bang-bangs!

sqXRTpV.jpg

We had a shooting range in our basement as a kid in Montana. True story.

.357 shells loaded with a plastic bullet and only a primer. Pretty good bang and lots of fun.

One day dad did a quick draw shot from the hip. Pretty serious ricochet bounced up and took out the 8-ft fluorescent lights over head. Mom was NOT amused. That was the last time we did that, if I recall.

Back