Carothers and Guns

Man I just ordered an AR “other” in 5.56 and now I think I should switch to 6.5 Creedmoor

Creedmoor is a big bolt pattern, so you would need an AR10 for that. POF sells 6.5 cm AR10 called the Revolution that has the big bolt but slims down the gun to almost the size of an AR15 so its not as heavy and bulky. It even uses lots of parts from an AR15 so you can swap out parts universally, Thats the way I would go.

Otherwise you can swap the barrel and get a 762x39 bolt/firing pin and convert your gun to 6.5 Grendel. It will work on a standard AR15 small bolt pattern. I used an old rig I wasn't shooting and converted in less than an hour. Grendel likes a longer barrel for powder burn but lots of guys are running 16" grendel barrels. I went 20" because I didnt plan on clearing houses with it.

Got some new Kramer horsehide leather. They’re both appendix carry rigs IWB#5.
vhgsDqu.jpg

Vc2pKja.jpg

Last edited:
My hunting rifle is an old Jarrett beanfield rifle. I don't know if it was skill on their part or just luck but I don't get an impact shift that I can discern from cold or warm but I have a problem with a clean bore. I have to foul my bore before I hunt which means I usually just leave my rifle dirty all season.

My hunting rifle is an old Jarrett beanfield rifle. I don't know if it was skill on their part or just luck but I don't get an impact shift that I can discern from cold or warm but I have a problem with a clean bore. I have to foul my bore before I hunt which means I usually just leave my rifle dirty all season.
We shot moly coated bullets. We used to clean thoroughly, then shoot about 5 foulers, then 80-100 shots in the match, and do it all again the next week.
You probably don't shoot 80 shots in a hunting season, so it makes sense to leave it.

Back