Coffee

GotSteel GotSteel - the Iron Bean Cast Iron is Honduran and the Starbucks Costa Rican. Similar region. I think the Starbucks was a stronger version. Both are fantastic coffees. Very chocolatey.
However, the Rage Against the Dying Light isn’t my favorite. Still good coffee- just not my thing.

I drank coffee a few times here and there growing up, but never made a habit of it. But when I started working shift work in the auto industry, and was faced with the prospect of working my first 12 hour overnight shift, that I decided to buy a couple thermoses of coffee at Tim Horton's before work, and they lasted me into the night, and I surely felt the coffee assist my alertness on the job. So ever since that day, with some exceptions, I have taken three coffees a day, one before work, and two at work, with no cream or sugar, just a spoon of coconut oil, some creatine and glutamine. A powerhouse beverage that boosts my performance and mood. I buy whatever instant coffee is on sale, and no matter how harsh or bitter it is black, the coconut oil always smoothes out the flavour so it goes down easy. On fasting days, however, I drink it black, or not at all. I still use the same two thermoses I bought at Timmy's back when I started.

IMG_5449.JPG

Been a while since I checked out SM. Interesting to read the story behind the origin of that specific coffee.

Yeah, Gesha has sure come quite a long way in a relatively short time. Pretty amazing stuff though!

I still recall my first couple bags of the Gesha from Panama Esmeralda that SM had, before it exploded to become the most expensive coffee in the world! :eek:

Last edited:
Very interested, need more info on what the plan is before I can make a solid commitment. Rose and I really enjoyed being part of the last one.

Cold extract, drip, French press, Keurig style brewing systems - I’ve tried them all over the years. How my coffee is brewed makes more of a difference to me than type of coffee. Eventually I returned to percolators and coarse ground coffee, favoring Kona coffee and electric percolators over stovetop percolators. I love the sound of my percolator in the morning and the smooth taste a percolator provides. The antithesis of Starbucks.

Making a real old time cup of Joe seems to be a lost art. YMMV.

I will make a big fuss when I start the books for the next swap. If anyone has any kind of fun twist to put on it I am open to it! I was thinking about an OPPOSITES. Something in the box has to be opposite. Just a thought.

Back