• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Custom Benchmade Scales

Yes! I think those large micarta grip ones are mine. Woo hoo!

Thanks!!

11159535_457127441114242_5642736832942567504_n.jpg

That's fantastic - the swedge looks great. The carbon and burl are two things I never would consider putting together, but they look so good together. Nice Grip.

I finally got around to throwing these scales on my Grip. It just totally transforms the knife from the way it sounds when locking up, to how it feels in the hand. I couldn't be any happier. Thanks a million Ryan!

IMG_1877_zps2615f998.jpg

IMG_1876_zps8a591ca5.jpg

IMG_1875_zps98edb0a5.jpg

IMG_1874_zps022c4f44.jpg

So I bought this junker 943 on an auction intending to flip it or give it away or do a raffle or something after I made some handles for it. However now that I tumbled the blade, resharpened it, made some scales and a backspacer... I might just keep it.

Black and Blue DOAT scales on my 550. The fit and finish on the scales is perfect.
Better lighting shows the texture better
[]

The blade alignment is WAY better than it was from factory. Taking the knife completely apart and reassembling may have fixed some of the alignment, but I didn't do anything to the pivots or washers.
|

To anyone thinking of upgrading to g10 or micarta scales, from the factory FRN, the difference in feel is night and day. It's a bit heavier but makes the knife feel so much more sturdy (and the factory knife can take serious abuse). The cost is significant (almost doubling the investment), but if Benchmade used G10 in the first place the Griptilian would have cost way more anyway. And this way you can pick the material. Absolutely no buyers remorse.

I'm less than thrilled, however, that I tied my lanyard with too small a loop and it was the last of my blue paracord, which meant going back to the stock clip.

Man, I don't even own a Griptilian but it's on my list to buy now, if only to have these grips.

And just some stuff from the weekend.

Wow! The one with the wood inlay on the left is almost enough to make me want a Grip.

Can't wait until you have the time to program more models. Not sure you'll ever get to it but I'd love to see your work on an 810 Contego.

Black G10 with orange G10 liners and spacer.

Black G10 with CF inlay and spacer.

LSCF 940

And just some black and red G10, I don't work with this color too often

Back