Derrick Bohn has passed away

I can't believe this..I'm so sorry for his family...what a shock. They will definitely be in many many thoughts and prayers.

I too had many dealings with Derrick, I have a safe full to attest to that.... but, he always struck me as a stand up guy who genuinely cared for each and every customer he's had. We all followed his family goings on; the kids growing up, the moves, Wendy's medical travails, more moves.
This is such a gut punch, never met him in person... but felt like I have. My deepest condolences to Wendy, his children, and rest of extended family and friends. Derrick, you will be deeply missed.

Just received the email myself, I do 99% of my knife purchases through knivesshipfree, I was caught off guard by the email to say the least.

Condolences to the family and friends during this time.

May God be with the Bohn family and bless them during this difficult time, especially during the 900 mile move to Tennessee in just a few days.

I will surely miss Derrick's videos, our e-mails and phone conversations.
I look forward to continuing a business relationship with Wendy and their girls, while they carry on Derrick's legacy of KSF.

May the Bohn family find peace in their shared memories, as a father and husband has been called home to heaven.

Fair winds and following seas Mr. Bohn.

Very Respectfully,
-PA

I had the chance to deal with him a couple of times when they were in Oregon. Very nice guy and very knowledgeable about knives.
My sincere condolences to his family.

Got my kids First Knives from him. He is the reason I got in to traditional knives from tactical. My thoughts and prayers are with friends and family. God Speed Derrick.

Never dealt with KSF, but stumbled on their site while looking for ZT's. I've been going back and forth on getting their exclusive 0770CFM4, and after all my research, was looking forward to calling up Derrick and possibly ordering it.

RIP

In light of this tragic news, looks like I'll be ordering my first ZT from them.

Shocked. Have ordered from him multiple times. Always struck me as a good dude. Prayers for family.

This is very sad to here I talked to him a number of times at his shop. He was always very kind and passionate about what he did.

So very Sad :(
He was a great guy and will be missed so much .
My sincerest condolences to all his loved ones .
I’m so very sorry to hear this .

What a shock! Great guy to do business with. So sorry for his family! My condolences. Ben

I am so very saddened. Derrick was Such a GREAT! guy in so many ways. My very sincere condolences to his family.

Derrick, Rest in Peace my friend. It was so great to know you.
Alan

Last edited:
He was super enthusiastic about the knife world. He will be missed. I plan to visit them in Chattanooga, TN. Not for from us.

my sincere condolences goes out to his family. His knife family will miss him greatly too. The way he treated and communicated to his customers was unique and personal. We can all learn from him.

Devastating news. Everybody loved him and will miss him and his contributions to us. Deepest of condolences to his family.

Back