1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Derrick Bohn has passed away

Discussion in 'Community Center' started by Deinos, May 22, 2018.

1. neal70

neal70 Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 3, 2015
    Condolences to all the Bohn family. Terrible news. RIP Derrick.
    Neal

2. Philip L

Philip L Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 15, 2012
    Such an incredible tragedy. Derrick is an awesome guy. May God's peace and treasured memories of Derrick always stay with the Bohn family. For Derrick: Rest in peace, pal.

3. BigJim2x

BigJim2x Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 22, 2016
    I bought my first GEC from KSF 5 years ago and have been a customer ever since. I always enjoyed Derricks videos, he was a consummate marketer. His passion for all things and pragmatic nature were apparent in everything. I never met or spoke with him but always wished to. He will be missed here but he is walking with his Lord now. Derrick - I love you.

4. Jordan@DLT

[email protected] Dealer / Materials Provider Dealer / Materials Provider

Jul 22, 2014
    Devastating news. He was a great friend of DLT and a huge asset to the knife community at large. He will be missed.

bosh likes this.
  5. afishhunter

afishhunter

Oct 21, 2014
    My deepest condolences to his family and friends. You all have my prayers.

6. nezzman

nezzman

Feb 28, 2018
    Bought my first "good" knife from Derrick! RIP, you will be missed.

7. NDirish23

NDirish23 Gold Member Gold Member

May 28, 2015
    Bought many knives from KSF mostly because Derrick seemed like a stand up guy. I’m saddened by this news and the Bohn family will be in my prayers.

8. Modoc ED

Modoc ED Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 28, 2010
    Sad news.

9. Postlapsaria

Postlapsaria Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 7, 2017
    Condolences to the Bohn family. His legacy will live on for a long, long time. Derrick is responsible for my obsession with traditional pocket knives, and I know he has had a similar impact on many other people through his store and videos. A great and generous man by all accounts.

10. 3-1-1

3-1-1 Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 2, 2012
    Awful. He will be missed in this community.

11. Landi

Landi KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 4, 2007
    Very Sad. Praying for his family.

12. 2Dead

2Dead Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 30, 2009
    Wow, very sad to hear this news. I bought my first Half Moon Trapper and GEC from Derrick. He and his family will be in my prayers.

13. Danke42

Danke42

Feb 10, 2015
    It's a real shame.

I think keeping the term Bohncliffe in common use for that Northwoods blade shape is a respectful way to preserve the memory of his contributions.

bosh likes this.
  14. Coyja

Coyja Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 7, 2009
    Horrible news. Been getting emails from him long enough that it feel like I know him!
    Condolences to all his family and friends.

15. trevytrev

trevytrev

May 4, 2010
    Sad to hear of this today, my condolences to his family. I bought a few knives from him, always great service and I really enjoyed his videos, the guy loved knives.

16. 22-rimfire

22-rimfire Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 20, 2005
    I have never met Derrick and was looking forward to meeting him here in TN. I have communicated with him via email. I tear up just reading all of these posts. I feel really sad for his family and their aspirations.

17. Yo Mama

Yo Mama

Sep 25, 2011
    I just called in sent along my sympathies which the staff greatly appreciated. If anybody else would like to do the same I think they would appreciate it and will send along your thoughts to the family as well.

18. FLymon

FLymon Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 23, 2006
    Just awful to hear about this.
    Prayers for his family and friends.

19. RDaneel

RDaneel Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 23, 2000
    Very sorry to hear this. Condolences to the family and friends.

20. gotgoat

gotgoat Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 2, 2016
    Prayers sent for the family
    RIP Derrick