Design a RAT Knife

Status
Not open for further replies.
I drew this one up for the last Design a rat contest.

Not as nice as some of yours but its all I got.

The RC4-S (Skinner)

RC4S.jpg

Well, I was messing around with Solid Works and came up with something for this design a RAT contest. After I made it, I noticed some similar designs already, but here it is:
KnifeDesign2a.jpg

KnifeDesign2.jpg

It has about a 9 inch long blade and a 5 to 6 inch handle. Sort of like a new RTAK type knife. I think I'll still have to come up with something else. This is too fun!

Last edited:
Need a design, not just pics of other knives. Draw it up and sketch it up and post it up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Edit: the top drawing of the top view should have a palm swell instead of the "valley" like on the drawing
368658020.jpg

Blade with is 1.18" and thickness 3/16

Last edited:
OK, here is my second submission, I call it the "RATOTA" which is slang for "big rat" (Spanish).

It has a slightly modifed RC6 handle, with a Nessmuk style, sabre-ground blade, 1/4" thick.

Ratota_2.jpg

It's a hefty yet compact chopper, with a 7.5" blade and lots of weight forward, I see this being great at chopping through bone, and would nicely complement the RAT "scandi bushcraft" (post #19).

Here it is again next to an RC-6 for scale

P1010722.jpg

Last edited:
A couple of people in the design discussion thread commented that my handle looked a little uncomfortable, here is my take on a more ergonomic (and RAT-like) design. Click the image for a larger version. For the record, I still think my original handle would give pretty good purchase with all the concave curves, but this one probably is prettier as well.

Here is the complete abortion of a handle I came up with before the one above:

Last edited:
I thought there was room for a smatchet in the RAT lineup (well, it was fun to draw anyway ;) ), enter the SmackRAT (click image to enlarge):

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back