Desperados Waiting for a Train

Need to get a new stamp, we're getting thin in the middle. This was the lightest stamp, and hence #8.
20190520_172652-01.jpeg

Any opinions on what kind of font for a new one? Should I try a script? Switch to etching? Just a stamped Cowbell and call it good?

and i’ll be a vote for a stamp. i’ve never seen a laser etching that i like.

with that said, i don’t have an opinion on the “mark”. i leave that up to you john.

edit: though now that i think about it, i kinda like the idea of just a cowbell. that would make me smile. :D:thumbsup:

That looks great. Knice knife!!!

New mark?
9eb092f8389b7ea9dcf87d0c20d09c48.png

Western theme would be cool, not sure how all that detail would work out in a small stamp.

Had to sacrifice some of our bronze pin stock and peen an axle on.
20190520_213736-01.jpeg

Gotta fix the steering wheel on the Farmall before I can get back to soldering.
20190520_215330-01.jpeg

I like your stamp the way it is clean line I think the western might look fuzzy.

I've heard good things about Evers stamps for knife tangs, maybe see what they recommend. Maybe consider city and state under the name as well, that may look good, I've been kicking the idea around of getting a new stamp also.

I've heard good things about Evers stamps for knife tangs, maybe see what they recommend. Maybe consider city and state under the name as well, that may look good, I've been kicking the idea around of getting a new stamp also.
I've heard nothing but good things about Evers. Have you heard of Buckeye Engraving? I see them on Instagram and they seem to do nice work.

City and state would be cool but I'd have to start making bigger knives!:D

I've heard nothing but good things about Evers. Have you heard of Buckeye Engraving? I see them on Instagram and they seem to do nice work.

City and state would be cool but I'd have to start making bigger knives!:D
Actually come to think of it, yes. I heard of them on Knife Gods a few weeks ago. They may be worth looking into.

This is a mark from a maker that sells on BFC, I think its pretty cool idea.

jr5mbm.jpeg

Back