1. Week 49 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco C41GP5 Native 5 G10
    Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco C41GP5 Native 5 G10 + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships! Be sure to read the rules before entering!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Dec 7 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Desperados Waiting for a Train

Discussion in 'Redmeadow Knives & T.Knotts Knives' started by lessismore, Mar 22, 2019.

1. lessismore

lessismore Redmeadow Knives Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Aug 29, 2010
    Fit, filed, and finished.

Dat one is yours... no, d'other one... yep dat one.
    20190518_223513-01.jpeg

Melvin-Purvis, Mack, Pinemoon and 4 others like this.
  2. TPVT

TPVT Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 14, 2012
    oohhh, that one’s mine??! the one right...there. awesome. mine came out the best! thanks!

Mack likes this.
  3. Melvin-Purvis

Melvin-Purvis Not a Registered User Staff Member Super Mod

Jan 14, 2001
    All this knife making stuff looks like hard work! :eek:

Mack likes this.
  4. lessismore

Aug 29, 2010
    #8 Soldered
    IMG_20190520_182138_041.jpg

5. TPVT

Feb 14, 2012
  6. Scott Hanson

Scott Hanson KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Sep 6, 2014
    Looks good!

7. lessismore

Aug 29, 2010
    Need to get a new stamp, we're getting thin in the middle. This was the lightest stamp, and hence #8.
    20190520_172652-01.jpeg

Any opinions on what kind of font for a new one? Should I try a script? Switch to etching? Just a stamped Cowbell and call it good?

Melvin-Purvis likes this.
  8. Rupestris

Rupestris Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 1, 2006
    Laser etch.

Just because, deep down, everyone wants a laser. ;)

9. TPVT

Feb 14, 2012
    and i’ll be a vote for a stamp. i’ve never seen a laser etching that i like.

with that said, i don’t have an opinion on the “mark”. i leave that up to you john.

edit: though now that i think about it, i kinda like the idea of just a cowbell. that would make me smile. :D:thumbsup:

10. Mack

Mack Expert Ultracrepidarian Platinum Member

Aug 19, 2007
    That looks great. Knice knife!!!

New mark?
    [​IMG]

Rupestris likes this.
  11. lessismore

Aug 29, 2010
    Western theme would be cool, not sure how all that detail would work out in a small stamp.

Had to sacrifice some of our bronze pin stock and peen an axle on.
    20190520_213736-01.jpeg

Gotta fix the steering wheel on the Farmall before I can get back to soldering.
    20190520_215330-01.jpeg

Melvin-Purvis, Mack and Rupestris like this.
  12. Scott Hanson

Scott Hanson KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Sep 6, 2014
    I think I would stay with the stamp.

13. gunspease

gunspease Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 9, 2002
    I like your stamp the way it is clean line I think the western might look fuzzy.

14. Rupestris

Mar 1, 2006
    I always preferred the Circus font but that probably has more to do with what goes on in my head with the monkeys and the clowns and the peanuts and the machine guns and whatnot.

[​IMG]

Mack likes this.
  15. lessismore

Aug 29, 2010
    Added a spacer to the soldering jig to keep the screws from digging. It's mostly hollowed out on the inside to keep it from acting like too much of a heat sink.
    IMG_20190522_182014_438.jpg
    #1 by the way.

Pinemoon, TPVT, Mack and 1 other person like this.
  16. Rupestris

Mar 1, 2006
    Hoo-ray! :)

17. Scott Hanson

Sep 6, 2014
    I've heard good things about Evers stamps for knife tangs, maybe see what they recommend. Maybe consider city and state under the name as well, that may look good, I've been kicking the idea around of getting a new stamp also.

18. lessismore

Aug 29, 2010
    I've heard nothing but good things about Evers. Have you heard of Buckeye Engraving? I see them on Instagram and they seem to do nice work.

City and state would be cool but I'd have to start making bigger knives!:D

Mack and Scott Hanson like this.
  19. Scott Hanson

Sep 6, 2014
    Actually come to think of it, yes. I heard of them on Knife Gods a few weeks ago. They may be worth looking into.

20. Scott Hanson

Sep 6, 2014
    This is a mark from a maker that sells on BFC, I think its pretty cool idea.

jr5mbm.jpeg