Do you guys play video games?

That’s one of my favorite game series that I always come back to. The last several months the only games I’ve played have been RE. I recently went through 3 remake, revelations 1 and 2, code veronica, zero, and 7 for the first time. I haven’t played 8 yet, not enough space for it on the xbox. I just started another run of re1 remake.
The Revelations games were awesome. Dad and I had a blast with them, lol. RE2 remake is a well-crafted action-horror shooter as well.

RE1 is a beautiful gem too, but it ain’t for me. I have no clue which part of the mansion to head next and the backtracking throws me off haha. Definitely a test of patience and skill.

For what it's worth, there are external hard drives available for the Xbox One.

I deleted games to make room for others but got to a point where I hit a roster that I didn't want to part with. Really glad I picked one up. I got an 8tb one maybe 2-3 years ago and it's way more space than I needed. 2tb would have likely been enough to throw my old games back on and for any new ones too.

It’s funny, when I bought my 1tb xb1 I thought I’d never fill it up but I have deleted so many games to make more room for others. Eventually I will get an external hard drive but it’s low on the priority list.

It’s funny, when I bought my 1tb xb1 I thought I’d never fill it up but I have deleted so many games to make more room for others. Eventually I will get an external hard drive but it’s low on the priority list.

Ha! Those were my thoughts as well. But then games seem to keep getting bigger and filled that sucker up fast.

Pray tell what you do with your time?

Waste it by jumping in and posting in a thread on a topic he does not care for only to spread negativity.

I for one do not click on threads with topic that do not interest me. To quote the great Rick James, "Come on, I got a little more sense than that. Yea I remember grindin my feet in Eddie's couch."

Last edited:
You were a developer for Shadow of Mordor? Nice. What aspect of the game if you don’t mind my asking?

The nemesis system was pretty awesome. Combat was pretty satisfying too, especially lategame.

Yes. I was the lead programmer for the engine group. It sounds a bit more grand than it really was - there were several lead engineers running different portions of the programming team. I was personally more focused on making sure the game ran well, didn't crash, etc.

The groups working on the nemesis system and combat really nailed it. We were all impressed with what they built.

Yes. I was the lead programmer for the engine group. It sounds a bit more grand than it really was - there were several lead engineers running different portions of the programming team. I was personally more focused on making sure the game ran well, didn't crash, etc.

The groups working on the nemesis system and combat really nailed it. We were all impressed with what they built.
Awesome, thanks for sharing. I think my last SoM playthrough on the PS4 was last year. Game holds up very well until today. Never encountered any bugs or crashes.

Never tried Shadow of War yet though, hehe.

In my spare time between university stuff, it’s mostly God of War (2018) these days, with a little of RE4 and Red Dead 2. Can’t quite get back into Cyberpunk 2077 just yet.

Some of the posts in this thread remind me of the South Park episode where all the towns men drive accross the town with big cars saying "..oh and by the way I don't have a small p***s!" 😂

I mostly play on my Switch these days. I picked up Subnautica because it was so hyped but just could not enjoy it. Too much aimless wondering and picking up stuff and felt too repetive.

I do visit my island in Animal Crossing though every day or two wich might be sort of conflicting thing to say to previous. I guess I just enjoy the more creative aspect of it.

Also I do play Rocket League casually.

I have played games since NES and it has honestly given me so much - including creativity - that saying it's waste of time is extremely narrow minded. But no more of that.

Mario golf is out on the switch now, I'll definitely need to pick that up. We actually used to use the old one as a drinking game. Everytime you didn't tee off perfectly? Drink. Didn't land on the fairway? Drink. Hazard? Oh snap, drink twice. Didn't make it to the green? Drink. Miss a putt? Drink. Needless to say, we never played 18 holes.

Some of the posts in this thread remind me of the South Park episode where all the towns men drive accross the town with big cars saying "..oh and by the way I don't have a small p***s!" 😂

I mostly play on my Switch these days. I picked up Subnautica because it was so hyped but just could not enjoy it. Too much aimless wondering and picking up stuff and felt too repetive.

I do visit my island in Animal Crossing though every day or two wich might be sort of conflicting thing to say to previous. I guess I just enjoy the more creative aspect of it.

Also I do play Rocket League casually.

I have played games since NES and it has honestly given me so much - including creativity - that saying it's waste of time is extremely narrow minded. But no more of that.

I don't think you're conflicting at all but rather highlighting a truth. All games, video or otherwise, will have some form of repetition. Our individual preferences decide if that repetition is enjoyable or not.

I do agree on the narrow mindedness. Only a person who has never once read a book of fiction, watched a movie, TV show, jammed out to music, posted on an online forum, played a sport ect and have solely devoted their lives to work and pursuit of knowledge has a leg to stand on. I have yet to meet a person that fits that bill.

Mario golf is out on the switch now, I'll definitely need to pick that up. We actually used to use the old one as a drinking game. Everytime you didn't tee off perfectly? Drink. Didn't land on the fairway? Drink. Hazard? Oh snap, drink twice. Didn't make it to the green? Drink. Miss a putt? Drink. Needless to say, we never played 18 holes.

I was just looking for used Wii. The sports games with the motion controller and beer was hilarious. The insane wrist throw curve balls in bowling were the best!

Mostly still playing Destiny 2, but looking forward to Back 4 Blood. Makes for a good way to keep in touch with friends scattered across the country.

Mostly still playing Destiny 2, but looking forward to Back 4 Blood. Makes for a good way to keep in touch with friends scattered across the country.
It’s wholesome you still get in touch with them. Haven’t really maintained communication with old friends from high school. We used to play games at my turf before the pandemic.

Anyways, these days it’s mostly Final Fantasy 7! Just finished the 2020 remake on hard difficulty recently. That was one helluva ride. Now I’m checking out the OG 1997 version during free time.

Last edited:
Back