Elusive Schrades

I like those old Craftsman knives!

This next one is miles away from being in factory condition because someone ground off a few scaling teeth making the blade more narrow. I don't know if the soldered on thumb-tab is factory or not. I do know that the double-thick liner on the lock side makes this knife different in construction from some other Fisherman's Pride examples. Maybe the tab is a factory difference too.

Has anyone seen another Fisherman's Pride with a similar thumb-tab? I appreciate any and all responses regarding the tab.

I love the handles on this knife! It's also the only example I've seen with a bail attached. It's my biggest Cut Co. and snaps closed like a bear-trap. Locks tight and the blade is well centered when it's closed.

SSC114 3/4 S as seen in 1936 supplement:
QCQcvD0.jpg

EBCqu2H.png

zww6hhW.png

lrzjFMK.png

2nXOg7A.png

CbqtUo4.png

2FgPRwo.png

uCv2Uwz.jpg

11iECUy.jpg

K9XMSIc.jpg

41DB3Em.jpg

Last edited:
I like those old Craftsman knives!

This next one is miles away from being in factory condition because someone ground off a few scaling teeth making the blade more narrow. I don't know if the soldered on thumb-tab is factory or not. I do know that the double-thick liner on the lock side makes this knife different in construction from some other Fisherman's Pride examples. Maybe the tab is a factory difference too.

Has anyone seen another Fisherman's Pride with a similar thumb-tab? I appreciate any and all responses regarding the tab.

I love the handles on this knife! It's also the only example I've seen with a bail attached. It's my biggest Cut Co. and snaps closed like a bear-trap. Locks tight and the blade is well centered when it's closed.

SSC114 3/4 S as seen in 1936 supplement:
EBCqu2H.png

zww6hhW.png

lrzjFMK.png

2nXOg7A.png

CbqtUo4.png

2FgPRwo.png

uCv2Uwz.jpg

11iECUy.jpg

K9XMSIc.jpg

41DB3Em.jpg
WOW, amazing knife:thumbsup:

Factory 1095 bladed 858?
It may not exist, even taking into consideration those without the "Schrade +" tang stamp.

The "High Carbon Tool Steel" specified in the catalogs and ads, does include 440A, 440C, and 420/420HC.

Oh Man....Paul that is a beauty right there- a wonderful knife and a great pick up, that PeachSeed Bone of Schrades was such a hit, but in all honesty I think we appreciate it even more these days! The Blades are full too- the wee pickle at the end of that nice Spey is so easily fixed with near zero blade loss- I would be very happy with that purchace!

Nice pair of classics my friend. Often I see knives and think to myself - Why haven’t I tried to make this my main theme in my collection - but then I look at all the other patterns and think the same of them. :rolleyes:

Back