ESEE-3 Folder pototype photos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very clean lines. I like that it has a flat grind like that too. Flushed up low-rider clip would be a plus, but not allow the user to shift for tip up/down of course, tough call there. (just looked again, the loop could just be rolled up a bit on the existing clip maybe?)

No bottle opener? j/k

$89.99 and 'gift' on paypal for one of those used non-production spec 'props' in the photos so you don't have more clutter kicking around.

Nice job.

esee-3-folder-proto7.jpg

esee-3-folder-proto8.jpg

That's sexy. :cool:

Oh my, now we're at the point of dicussing .020" on the blade thickness.

Ok, 1:0 for you :D... But I really didn´t want to discuss anything, I just wanted to know, if you had any other ideas when developing this knife. It wasn´t meant to offend your work :(.

And don´t get me wrong - I absolutely adore the result, this folder is on the top of my "must to have list" :thumbup: :thumbup:. Thanks for new pics!

The thoughts about USA x non-USA made... I believe, that the effort to get the best quality possible should be the most important thing.

Last edited:
I like torx, I dunno about the G10 handle though but there's not much else to use. Ranger green as the standard would be nice though. Or maybe the ESEE gray micarta?

Both colors work for me. I was thinking that they may have been saving the linen micarta for the izula folder? That type of handle material I find is actually very exotic in folders and would be pretty awesome to have [easy to clean, has a nice grip, strong, just overall very nice]

Is the glass breaker in the handle removable?
Thats awesome if it is!
Digging the thicker blade (5/32")
Me likey!

Excellent design!!!
I come bearing questions ..
How's the tip? Strong or fine and pointy? (I think a pic is in order.)
Due to the pocket carry nature of a pocket knife, might I suggest a true stainless, rather than D2, M4, etc. You could be all bleeding edge and go S35VN... though, technically, 154CM might be a good choice. You might contact the fine folks at Scrapyard Knives, as they've done some very impressive things with their 154CM HT, resulting in a very tough blade.

You guys HAVE to do this in a Ti framelock.

It just brings the knives to a whole Nother level of indestructsbility.

I'd actually make a carbon fiber scale to make this thing tougher than a tank.

You do that and you could ask $200 or slightly less and people will be throwing themselves at it to buy one like teenage girls at a Justin Bieber concert.

Look at how many people have lost their minds on the HEST/F.

I know I bought one, but prefer a clean blade like this folder offers.

Also I would get rid of all of those clip holes (they are going to collect a lot of dirt) and do the same kind of low riding pocket clip like the HEST/F.

Concealability is key in a lot of situations.

1095 is great for your fixed blades, but you need something more corrosion resistant on folders so the hinge area doesnt start to rust on the blade since you can't easily get to it.

And coat the blades. But you could always offer an uncoatdd version like the rest of the ESEE line.

Prototypes just look awesome!!

EDIT:

Do you have a target maximum weight in mind for this folder?

Last edited:
From what I have seen of Lion Steel, their quality is up there with the very best. If you can't find an American maker who can do the work for a decent price, let the Italians make it. They make fine blades over there. It's no different than letting Salvadorans make machetes. They're good at it.
I agree with that take. Would prefer USA made but I'd still buy it if made in Italy if it still comes with the kick ass ESEE warranty.

Will there be any expected blade play? In other words how tight are the tolerances. I am sure the fit and finish along with tolerances will be what we expect out of ESEE. Just curious how much has gone into the knife since it's your first.
Put me down for 2.
Oh and congrats on such a great looking design and knife.

Last edited:
Wow.. Just saw this...

The MOMENT these are available pre-order - I'm getting on the list.

Im not a folder guy. But i am now. Bring it. It just what i want/need.:thumbup::cool:

Im not a folder guy. But i am now. Bring it. It just what i want/need.:thumbup::cool:

What he said......

I don't need to recommend anything, I think the blade looks great and would be a awesome folder, you want stronger get a fixed blade, you want a general EDC knife just to pack around for lighter duty this looks like it will do the job and then some.:thumbup::thumbup:

I'm in

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back