Ever heard of GSM Outdoors? They just bought Cold steel.

If this isn't an act and you really do write and think this way in your regular life... wow.
Well I'm sorry if I have a proper education, can read and write fluent English with proper sentences and everything, use proper grammatical construction and have a fairly wide vocabulary. From now on I'll try to use small words and simple sentences......

Just looked on the bay at prices for an American Lawman. Old model...$200, buy it now price.

Others were cheaper but, still...

I can’t see paying the same price for a CS as a Spyderco or Benchmade. Nuts.

Those are all possibilities, however, as it was mentioned here by a couple different folks, if the new owner company already has say, warehouse staff, and admin assistants, and an IT department, etc.; it makes everyone who did those jobs at the purchased company redundant. They would have been laid off in any case. It's just compounded by the fact that the new company is moving operations to a different state altogether, and (speaking absolutely as politely and objectively as I can) if you weren't a designer (Demko) or innovator (LT), then it wouldn't have been worth the financial outlay to move those people to Texas. Why pay thousands moving, say, a warehouse worker to Texas, when you could just hire a local at $19 an hour or whatever it is? No one at Sold Steel was irreplaceable other than AD and LT, which is why they were all let go. So, it absolutely sucks that this happened three weeks before Christmas. However, it was going to happen anyway, and moving into the new year might have brought new tax or cost ramifications the company didn't want to deal with.

You DO bring up a good point about GSM's sale to Gridiron, who knows how that gummed up what might have been a very delicate, well planned transition?
Ask Elon Musk, I heard he's moving Tesla to Texas this morning.

Just looked on the bay at prices for an American Lawman. Old model...$200, buy it now price.

Others were cheaper but, still...

I can’t see paying the same price for a CS as a Spyderco or Benchmade. Nuts.
Cold Steel’s edge was offering tough knives at lower prices. 200 bucks is steep for a Lawman indeed.

Thread has been reopened with one member banned from replying any further.

That banned list is going to grow if the back and forth insults do not cease... my patience with this crap has reached an end.

It looks way cooler when you deploy the machete by pulling it up over your shoulder like a ninja. Looking cool is part of the Back Machete Lifestyle.
I had previously adopted the “John McClane Back Glock Lifestyle”.

Can you fashion a duct tape sheath that can accommodate a Back Machete and my Back 19?

“Back Machete-Glock” could be a game changer for me.

Back on topic: I’ve been carrying my CS Kiridashi the last couple of days. I’m always amazed at how solid even a small CS feels. Still waiting for my Kahn to show up!

God help these forums if Spyderco or CRK sells :rolleyes:

Fortunately, both of those gents had sons to continue the business! Eric and Tim are doing quite well in keeping things happening at those companies, thankfully.

Man, been an interesting few pages, but ultimately, I'm just ready for my SR1 to show up. The USPS delays are real this year, criminy!

Thompson announced on the CS forum August 03,2020:
A2 , Which had been in catalogs almost TWO YEARS, would not be offered
4034 steel would be used instead
Does anyone really believe sale of the company was at least in the talking stages if not final?

I have heard talk on other forums of buying from cold steel's website of orders not being shipped.
Has anyone actually ordered from them and had issues or had positive results?

Another point: CS had an Arizona office which they used to send sword canes and the such they could not from California.
Any news from them???

Back