Ever heard of GSM Outdoors? They just bought Cold steel.

Well actually if you were to read a bit closer its you and others who want to disprove what I said. You are correct, I never once created an argument, the select few did that on their own. I never disputed anything, never tried to disprove anything. All I asked for is confirmation of the stories from a first hand source, and was met with hostility. I don't like rumors, and assumptions are a bad thing to proceed on. I see zero issues with asking for somebody to reveal where the first hand information was obtained so it can be confirmed within the confines of this discussion rather than everyone having to go to looking for it. Apparently there are some who feel they are above reproach and are not to be questioned though.....

They did prove it though. Every data point they brought forth for discussion was sourced. The only conjecture is whether or not this means CS knives will become crappy. The results of many similar buyouts would indicate so.

It sounds like you agree with the general consensus of what the sale of Cold Steel means for the knives. Perhaps all this jumping to conclusions might not be so inaccurate after all?
I never actually said I didn't agree, that was inferred by certain other posters who wouldn't post a simple link to confirm the stories they were telling. If what Lynn Thompson did turns out to be as bad as its sounds.....
I have a dislike for those who abandon the people who have supported them for years and who enabled them to be wealthy. Its my opinion based on what I see that there is much we do not know and its possibly worse than is being revealed. I also don't like jumping to conclusions without definitive proof. Second hand stories from some guy on a forum is not definitive proof, sorry, but I need real proof from the horses mouth before going down that road.

I never actually said I didn't agree, that was inferred by certain other posters who wouldn't post a simple link to confirm the stories they were telling. If what Lynn Thompson did turns out to be as bad as its sounds.....
I have a dislike for those who abandon the people who have supported them for years and who enabled them to be wealthy. Its my opinion based on what I see that there is much we do not know and its possibly worse than is being revealed. I also don't like jumping to conclusions without definitive proof. Second hand stories from some guy on a forum is not definitive proof, sorry, but I need real proof from the horses mouth before going down that road.

Well I think the information sleuths were perfectly fine in what they provided. It was the best available info at the moment. Rest assured, info from the horse's mouth will be linked as soon as it's available. These things happen in stages, it's perfectly natural. There's jumping to conclusions, but then, there's analyzing a situation using whatever is available. I feel this thread represents the latter.

the butthurt fanbois can't seem to make the distinction between the two. Basic English Writing 101..... and reading comprehension seems a bit lacking around here lately too....so, did you get all that too?

...name calling, the last refuge of those who can't disprove the opposing point of view.....

Hmmm.

Well I think the information sleuths were perfectly fine in what they provided. It was the best available info at the moment. Rest assured, info from the horse's mouth will be linked as soon as it's available. These things happen in stages, it's perfectly natural. There's jumping to conclusions, but then, there's analyzing a situation using whatever is available. I feel this thread represents the latter.
Well, actually the FB fan page was it turns out available at the time. Just a couple seconds to post a link would have not only gone a long way to confirming what they were posting, but possibly opened up other avenues of discussion here. However, when you are one of the few sources of information in a fluid situation you are the center of attention and certain types thrive on this. Posting a link for all to see negates that.
Also, providing the source of the information would be whats called independent confirmation, thats something you do if you want any sort of integrity. Its a basic tenet of writing material for public consumption.

If you are claiming you didn't write "butthurt fanboi" as an insult I'm calling you a liar.
I don't care what you think anymore. I've been called a number of names in this thread by the obvious fanbois (yes that is intended as it sounds, don't bother to reply) and I do intend to defend my actions and respond in kind to this sort of continued hostile posts from anyone. Stop trying to continue the fanboi defense, get over it, and let it alone. I have, that is unless the hostile posts continue, then the gloves will be off....

I don't care what you think anymore. I've been called a number of names in this thread by the obvious fanbois (yes that is intended as it sounds, don't bother to reply) and I do intend to defend my actions and respond in kind to this sort of continued hostile posts from anyone. Stop trying to continue the fanboi defense, get over it, and let it alone. I have, that is unless the hostile posts continue, then the gloves will be off....

I'm not a Cold Steel fan at all. Don't own one now, had a few when I first started buying knives. I am one of those west coast liberal elites that looks down my nose at the buffoons below with the Cold Steel XXXL knives.

I am a fan of people not behaving the way you have in this thread. Honestly, the way you write reads as a deliberate attempt at being a forum troll. If you have been playing a role with the comments in this thread, you are way overdoing it. If this isn't an act and you really do write and think this way in your regular life... wow.

Oh please! Give it a rest already!

It is like you are going out of your way to look for something to argue about. Or, at least get the last word. Reminds me of my ex-wife.

Just chill and let people have their opinions without demanding they back everything up.

Unbelievable.

Just my opinion.

I don't see the relevance.....
fanboi - Someone who is hopelessly devoted to something and will like anything associated with their particular thing.
Its just a hardcore die hard fan, no more.....

This is name calling.....

You said reading comprehension among people here was lacking and that they are trolls. I said you may unwittingly be an incomprehensible troll. Seems the scales are balanced, no? o_O

...I am a fan of people not behaving the way you have in this thread. Honestly, the way you write reads as a deliberate attempt at being a forum troll. If you have been playing a role with the comments in this thread, you are way overdoing it. If this isn't an act and you really do write and think this way in your regular life... wow.

Thank you.

I'd like to point out that the cringey motorcycle video on youtube is dated somewhere in October, way before this thread started. I'm not sure what it's relation is with this sale.

You said reading comprehension among people here was lacking and that they are trolls. I said you may unwittingly be an incomprehensible troll. Seems the scales are balanced, no? o_O
Nope, that is taken out of context. I was responding to an unsolicited hostile post, not making an attack on someone. Big difference. Get over it. Move on. I have. Until you or other continue your attacks that is, in which case I will respond in kind, but only then will I continue this line of discussion.

Nope, that is taken out of context. I was responding to an unsolicited hostile post, not making an attack on someone. Big difference. Get over it. Move on. I have. Until you or other continue your attacks that is, in which case I will respond in kind, but only then will I continue this line of discussion.
Yep. Just as I figured.

Oh please! Give it a rest already!
I did, or tried to a long time ago, but certain other people keep binging it back. In case you have not been following this I'm just responding to posts made by the certain few determined to drag this out. They are the ones you should be responding to, not me.

I did, or tried to a long time ago, but certain other people keep binging it back. In case you have not been following this I'm just responding to posts made by the certain few determined to drag this out. They are the ones you should be responding to, not me.
Why? Why is it so important to you that you feel like you must respond?

Just curious.

I'd like to point out that the cringey motorcycle video on youtube is dated somewhere in October, way before this thread started. I'm not sure what it's relation is with this sale.
Hmmmm, your right. I watched it in the forum frame, not on the Youtube page so no date was present.
Whether it directly relates to the sale depends on when the actual sale took place. If as in some speculation GSM has had their fingers in Cold Steel for a while it may have direct relation to the sale, if the sale was more recent it has little to do with the sale and its just a coincidence that it was just noticed here.

Why? Why is it so important to you that you feel like you must respond?

Just curious.
Why is it so important for them to continue their hostile posts? Ask them, not me....I'm done with those people......until such time that the hostility resurfaces.....If presented with hostility I am fully capable of defending myself and will respond as I see necessary.

Why is it so important for them to continue their hostile posts? Ask them, not me....I'm done with those people......until such time that the hostility resurfaces.....If presented with hostility I am fully capable of defending myself and will respond as I see necessary.

OK. Knock yourself out if you feel you must. To me, it just seems like you are slamming your head against a brick wall.

Continue...

Back