Farm Life

You mean she didn't bag him and put him in the fridge till ya got home to clean it. ;-)

Normally she will. Especially since this one had such a handsome hide. But we both came down with the Flu and I don't want to do any knife work. DM

Here's some farm life while I'm carrying my 334 Trapper. We'll still have some cold here but were hoping it will taper off by mid April. It's
March and we're thinking about raising our meat birds, Cornish Cross. So, I'm dividing the pen and building different housing for them. This is a good time to purchase them as it's only a 2 month project. We'll put them in the freezer in May. This breed doesn't handle the heat well.
DM
Farmlife.jpg

A little farm life going on here. Today I carried my 426 Bucklite. Just drop it in a back pocket and I hardly know it's there. We are still having winter so, after this storm the sun came out and gave us a nice day ( 39* was the high). We weren't real low on cord wood but another storm or 2 and we would be and I don't like to be in that position. So, I went out and cut some oak. DM
Councilsplits4.jpg

From a search I have seen posted a chicken house built to look like a UFO. A couple in Idaho are into both. But the chicken house above I don't see how a chicken could get in or out of the house. Sort of a 'Far Side' take. Don't think too hard about it. DM

I don't see how a chicken could get in or out of the house. DM

I don't remember the actual term for it but under the coop in the middle looks to a plank with 1x2 strips for the chickens to come and go...You certainly wouldn't have to worry about mink or weasels getting in and killing all of your chickens...Cool idea but I think it would be troublesome to build...

Ok, got it, those are steps for the chickens to climb. I'm guessing those boxes have a wire mesh floor for the feces to fall out onto the ground. Looks like it would work. Except when the weather turns winter, then you got to rig up some heat for them. Like today at our area. DM
Snowing3-16.jpg

Ok, got it, those are steps for the chickens to climb. I'm guessing those boxes have a wire mesh floor for the feces to fall out onto the ground. Looks like it would work. Except when the weather turns winter, then you got to rig up some heat for them. Like today at our area. DM
View attachment 1092869

Definitely a warm weather coup....I'd like to see the inside...

Back