• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Few problems on my end. lets get them resolved

I hope everything's OK with Tony. I've only dealt with him on a few occasions - buying steel rounds - but he's always been straight-up with shipping, and usually shipped me a little more than I actually paid for. Also been good about providing heat-treating and general forging advice. At any rate - in my limited contact with him, he seems like a "good ace"...

No word here, been waiting since October. I guess I should add my name to this thread since Tony apparently lost all orders and contact info.
I have no doubt he'll take care of this when he's able, I hope everything's getting better for him.

Dave

notdos said:
You guys are bein' a lot nicer than I would be.

:D

If something unfortunate has happened to Tony, and right now I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, being understanding is sometimes the right way to be. If I'm out $55, so be it. I'd rather know that he's okay!

This being said, it seems awfully unusual that it's been 4 months since this began -- and so far there has been no word from him at all in two months...

Is there anyone out there that has a way of getting in touch with Tony, or could even go and see what his circumstances are?

I went by his shop and he wasnt there.I dont know where he actually lives being the shop is a few miles away from his home and Ive never been there.I left word with someone who lives near the shop for him to contact me.Sorry I can't do any more right now.

Glenn, that's doing more than can be asked of you... thank you very much!

I, for one, have basically written this off as a learning experience, and until I get a box of steel from Tony I'm treating it as such.

It's most unfortunate that this has gone down like it has, but we're approaching the half-year mark and most of us haven't heard a peep out of Tony for all of this...

Carefully reviewing this thread leads me to believe that -- illness or no -- Tony has walked off with over $500 of people's money without any message or compensation, with numerous attempts to contact him and plenty of understanding on behalf of the folks that are being stolen from (pretty safe for us to use this term now, no?).

Not too good, in my book.

UPDATE!!!

I received part of a USPS cardboard shipping box with the return address saying only "Tony Mock, Tallahassee FL". Just the top of a box and the usual USPS apology for damaged mail. SO, no steel, but it looks as if there was, in fact, an attempt to ship something.

I'm not counting this as a delivery, as I have yet to take possession of the steel which I paid for. Also, it looks as if there have been numerous instances of improper packaging by Mr. Mock:

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=364659

The package was date-stamped 2/14/06... meaning he's got web access, or his crashed computer is back up and running, or something. If so, the ball is still in your court, Tony. GET IN TOUCH WITH ME!!!!!! I'll pay to ship it again, but I will NOT pay for the steel.

I hadn't read this whole thread but back at Thanksgiving time I paid for apiece of wrought iron from Tony and it was mailed November 29, 2005 via USPS-Priority Mail Flat Rate Envelope. I was actually surprised that I got it just because I wouldn't have packaged it that way but I did get it in tact.

Has anyone else heard anything or gotten anything since the last time this post was active?

I filed a claim at the post office in the off chance that the steel is sitting in a big pile at one of the depots that it got shipped through, but without Tony's return address I've been told it's basically hopeless.

Mr. Purple,

I happen to still have the piece of iron still sitting on the shop bench in the original envelope so I'm PMing you with his return address that he used the shipment to me.

Anyone else who needs it.... I wasn't sure if it was approprites to post his address in public - if you need it, PM me and I'll send it to you or if it's okay, let me know and I'll post it here so y'all can try to track lost packages.

Okay, I can't PM you Mr. Purple. Whomever wants Tony's address....it's a PO Box so I guess it's not really "private" so here it is:

Tony Mack
PO Box 180429
Tallahassee, FL 32318

Hope this helps trace your package.

I really appreciate you trying to help out! I just wish that Tony would sign on and say something... it's not like all of us would jump on him, we just want to know what happened. I'm not upset about not getting the steel so much as I'm irritated by the total disappearing act. I think it's pretty safe to say that we, as a group, are a pretty understanding bunch. I'm STILL completely willing to let bygones be bygones, I just want an "I'm sorry, but...", you know?

I wasn't worried about you jumping him but more about the fact that you can't trace the package without the return address. People don't usually get slammed unless they've done something wrong.

Didn't mean to imply that we would actually 'jump' him!

So far I'm still not sure if his conduct qualifies as doing something 'wrong', but I'm sure there are a few at this point that are viewing this series of incidents as a 'rip-off'.

His return address will hopefully throw some assistance into getting the steel, but the post office seemed to think I'm beating a dead horse... I always thought the logistics infrastructure of the post office would allow them to readily trace where a package has been, but the people I spoke to there (as well as the Postmaster General in Tallahassee) implied that it isn't quite as well defined as what you get with UPS or Fedex (most of the time those guys can tell you where stuff is -- or was -- with scary accuracy!).

Regardless, I really appreciate the info, Suzanne!

LOL - You'd think the post office would notice a pile of steel laying around for no good reason. :D

The packaging was poor on mine and like I said before, I was surprised I even got it.

I've had this a couple times lately.....just because it fits in a flat rate box doesn't mean you should package it in one. With USPS Flat Rate you can't add extra tape or they charge you extra. You have to use the adhesive on the box. I got a box in recently of steel that had to weight a good 30 pounds and the box was partially open on all sides.

I paid $155 for a batch of this steel in October last year but I have received nothing. I have mailed Tony many times with no replies at all. He does not reply and his web site has gone. Is their anything I can do?

Any news on this?

Back