• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Few problems on my end. lets get them resolved

I hate to say it, but the outlook on this really doesn't look very good. Keep the rest of us informed if you hear anything, or for any reason at all.

I haven't heard anything either...guess my two boxes of wrought iron and box of 52100 are out there in USPS land somewhere...

Tony, if you're ever looking at this thread, please give me a call or chime in on this thread, we'd all love to just hear that you are ok!

-Darren

Lord Farquhar said:
I paid $155 for a batch of this steel in October last year but I have received nothing. I have mailed Tony many times with no replies at all. He does not reply and his web site has gone. Is their anything I can do?

Any news on this?

This is something that really concerns me...for every person that actually posts about not receiving something there are probably many others that aren't chiming in...

This really concerns me, I honestly don't know if we were all taken for a ride, or if something has happened to Tony. I will have to say, regrettably, that this is the MO of the type of scam that went on over on The Knife Network a couple of years ago with that Rick Watson guy of BullDog Blades... ...I really hope my feeling about this is incorrect... Tony could straighten all of this out with a single post or phone call...

-Darren

The way Tony is conducting buxiness he will need to change his name to Tony Blade soon......

If Tony has taken money from you and not delivered goods, PLEASE post here so that it can be determined whether or not this is considered a 'criminal' activity. Even if you have no interest in pursuing it, the info is really important (for those of us that do!) to try and obtain help from the USPS.

Darren, did you pay in advance for all that stuff?

Where I come from, criminal activity requires intent. I don't believe that for a minute. Tony knows what he owes me. That's good enough.

Rob!

Rob! said:
Tony knows what he owes me. That's good enough.

Rob!

Hey Rob. Have you dealt with Tony before? I never have, so I didn't (and don't!) know what to expect. Are those of us without steel (or cash) looking at this the wrong way? I'm not being facetious... I'm being serious. I'm not sure what else to think. I understand that lots of people had good experiences in the past with Tony, but it's been months since anyone's even heard from him -- including one individual that even went to see him!

MrPurple said:
...including one individual that even went to see him!

Whoever that is needs to drop by again...and again...

I'm not coming to Tony's rescue, but I have met him in person and seems like a decent enough guy. Wanted to take a picture of my knives and was very kind in asking permission, etc.

Whatever has happened is probably causing Tony as much pain as it is everybody else. :(

That said, I've been owed money/materials...and I don't like not knowing where they are either...:mad:

I think some of us are more reluctant to lynch Tony because, frankly, as knifemakers, we too have made some of our customers wait longer than they wanted to...just happens sometimes.

Tony - there are folks here willing to help you dig outta this hole. Just log on, own up to being in over your head and I'm sure we can get this straightened out.

Daniel Koster said:
Tony - there are folks here willing to help you dig outta this hole. Just log on, own up to being in over your head and I'm sure we can get this straightened out.

Well said! I've said it repeatedly... I'm not out to crucify anyone! I just want some steel, for crying out loud!:D

I met Tony last year after he joined our local bladesmiths group.I later traveled to blade with Tony and met a lot of you guys and saw some terrific work.We were becoming pretty good friends. I hate to see him nail himself up in a box and sit there quietly not apologizing or explaining his actions. Being busy I have not had the chance to visit him again but if I do will let you know if I see him.His home phone is being forwarded to his cell and the mail box has been full for months.

MrPurple said:
Are those of us without steel (or cash) looking at this the wrong way?

No, of course not. It's just not the way I see it. I don't know Tony and I haven't dealt with him before this transaction. An important part of my job is making snap judgements about someone - often based on little more than intuition. At work, it keeps me alive.

I'm the first to go after someone who deliberately wrongs me. I see nothing to indicate that Tony started out with ill intentions. It appears he has fallen on hard times and having difficulty facing up to it. I don't see a judge's scowl and fines or jail time as leading anywhere that will help him or us.

The hole is deep enough. I'm not going to dig it deeper for a couple hundred bucks worth of steel.

I don't have a problem with someone pursuing it through the legal system - I just don't want to be part of it.

Rob!

Rob! said:
I don't have a problem with someone pursuing it through the legal system - I just don't want to be part of it.

Rob!

Gotcha. Not sure if I'm in favor of legal repercussions, either. However, I do believe in putting all of my ducks in a row, and I'm big on accountability. I totally understand your thoughts on this, and respect your views, and your wishes to be excluded in anything that might occur, unless you choose otherwise. I would much rather get a message from Tony apologizing and offering to make things right in due time, but until I get something from Tony, it is for all intents and purposes theft. My only reason for asking everyone to chime in with a headcount was to determine just how big of a deal this is.

If it was just my money that was missing, I'd have dropped it by now. But even just using this thread's responses as a point of reference, it's my estimation that there's a pretty substantial chunk of change in the ether.

It's been beaten into the ground in this thread, but this situation could be easily put to rest with a simple post from Tony, There isn't a single person here looking for a pound of flesh, including me, whether my posts illustrate this or not!;).

Just visited your website, Rob. Gorgeous knives, and the 'truisms' are all too true -- particularly the part about knifemakers bleeding a lot! Never fails to amaze me how I manage to cut myself on stuff that isn't sharp!

16 kids?!?!! YIKES!!!!:D

I haven't bothered with reading this whole thread...
but he's been selling stuff on ebay under his forum name. He does say he's selling due to an illness.

Maybe contact him using ebays "contact the seller" feature?

shappa said:
I haven't bothered with reading this whole thread...
but he's been selling stuff on ebay under his forum name. He does say he's selling due to an illness.

Maybe contact him using ebays "contact the seller" feature?

Wow.

Good eye, Shappa.

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=ysforge&iid=8930134209

You know, if Tony were dead or something, he'd have a pretty good excuse for not responding. But if this is the same ysforge, he seems very much alive, and very willing to continue selling things.

I received my steel from him, but those of you who are still waiting should definitely try to contact him through eBay.

Whoa - this guy is all over the place! Locations of recent items sold include:

Long Lake, Minnesota
Huntsville, AL
Tallahassee, FL
GLOUCESTER, VA
Valencia, California
Southern California
Albany, New York
Oklahoma City, OK
Battle Ground, WA

:confused:

Thanks Shappa, for finding that! I sent him a message through the "contact the seller" link asking him to chime in here to tell us what's up....hopefully he will...

Here's another web footprint for Tony that my wife turned up in a google search if anyone is interested:

http://home.earthlink.net/~covpresch-web/menu.htm

Click on the link for "Leadership".

-Darren

He actually called me a few days ago.I got him to say he will come forth and talk to you guys.I will let him tell you whats been wrong.I hope he dont let me down.

Back