• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Flat grinders Bubble Jig.

Fred,

I got my Bubble Jig today. I gotta tell you, I'm jealous. I've had LOTS of good ideas before, but this is one of those "Why didn't I think of that?!??" ideas. Looking forward to using it this weekend. I'll keep you posted, Sir. Thanks again.

Larry

Larry,
Thank you.
This simple little device came from the necessity is the mother of invention school of thought.
I simply got tired of not being able to turn out good looking flat grinds.:eek: That was my inspiration.

Regards, Fred

Fred,

I got my Bubble Jig today. I gotta tell you, I'm jealous. I've had LOTS of good ideas before, but this is one of those "Why didn't I think of that?!??" ideas. Looking forward to using it this weekend. I'll keep you posted, Sir. Thanks again.

Larry

thanks for your order, tim. It will go out tomorrow morning. We ship usps priority mail.

Happy grinding, fred

this is what you can look foward to guys! Fred's jig is killer for flat grinding!

Attachments

• 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 90
Fred,

I bought my Bubble Jig several weeks ago but finally got to use it just last week.

I had high hopes for the Bubble Jig but not a lot of expectation, given my skill level on a belt grinder. I'm a new maker and I have 2 knives that I've started and may or may not try to salvage because I couldn't keep the grinds even.

I think the knife that I finished Sunday using the Bubble Jig says it better than words:

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8220500#post8220500

Thanks!
Doc

Fred,

I bought my Bubble Jig several weeks ago but finally got to use it just last week.

I had high hopes for the Bubble Jig but not a lot of expectation, given my skill level on a belt grinder. I'm a new maker and I have 2 knives that I've started and may or may not try to salvage because I couldn't keep the grinds even.

I think the knife that I finished Sunday using the Bubble Jig says it better than words:

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8220500#post8220500

Thanks!
Doc

Doc,

The jig is a good, reliable teacher and boost peoples confidence when grinding; I agree. But it is not a substitute for talent and that's what I see in your first knife.
Thanks for taking the time to add your feedback.

Happy grinding, Fred

Fred,

I was FINALLY able to get some time to do some grinding with your jig I purchased months ago, unfortunately all I was able to do was re grind the edge on a buddies knife that has seen many years of abuse BUT the edge came out amazing, very even on both sides and clean. What an amazing product, I am so glad I purchased one and he was super impressed with it as well. Keep up the awesome stuff!

Dan

Fred,

I was FINALLY able to get some time to do some grinding with your jig I purchased months ago, unfortunately all I was able to do was re grind the edge on a buddies knife that has seen many years of abuse BUT the edge came out amazing, very even on both sides and clean. What an amazing product, I am so glad I purchased one and he was super impressed with it as well. Keep up the awesome stuff!

Dan

Dan,

I agree it is great as a sharpening guide. Fast, straight and produces a very keen edge.

Try a false edge if you have the opportunity the false edge ends up as sharp as the main cutting edge. Makes for a mean fighter. What used to take me four hours to complete, can now be accomplished in 15 minutes and with a much finer geometry.

Thanks for the feedback.:thumbup:

Fred

Well Fred, Good for you. I was one of the first 20 or so people to purchase the original set up and then i purchased the complimentary kit. Its great, Thanks Again...Marekz

Well Fred, Good for you. I was one of the first 20 or so people to purchase the original set up and then i purchased the complimentary kit. Its great, Thanks Again...Marekz

Thanks for posting your feedback, Fred

Back