Forum Knife Updates and comments

A aji1 My tracking says it's STILL in the USPS system as of 18th Dec :rolleyes:

But you know what? Got it right in my hand now, so much for tracking truth :D

D'oh! I guess I am the last man standing. Sigh! But I am very happy (if maybe a little jealous) that you got yours and I like the enthusiasm with which you greeted it!

Wait a minute. Stop the presses! I just got a text from my wife that a PostNL "ransom note" has been delivered. I can stop by a pick-up point tomorrow, pay the ransom (€27.73 or ~$31.62 at today's rate, payable with cash, credit, or debit), and get my knife! At least, I assume it's my knife as I don't have anything else on order from abroad at the moment. Actually, I am also still waiting on a Canal Street Stag Boy's Knife, but I am pretty darn sure it's not that...

I think it may be.the CS! That import tax is a lot on a 71 USD knife you know..mine was about 14 Euro...

^ Yes, it's a lot. In the Netherlands there is an administrative processing fee in addition to the taxes. The last time I ordered something from the US, I think it was €13.50 per shipment. So that fee, plus 21% of the cost of the knife, slip, and shipping. Basically, around €14 for the taxes alone, give or take.

I am really excited to pick up my forum knife tomorrow! I already told my colleagues I would be an half hour late so that I can pick it up en route to work.

D'oh! I guess I am the last man standing. Sigh! But I am very happy (if maybe a little jealous) that you got yours and I like the enthusiasm with which you greeted it!

Wait a minute. Stop the presses! I just got a text from my wife that a PostNL "ransom note" has been delivered. I can stop by a pick-up point tomorrow, pay the ransom (€27.73 or ~$31.62 at today's rate, payable with cash, credit, or debit), and get my knife! At least, I assume it's my knife as I don't have anything else on order from abroad at the moment. Actually, I am also still waiting on a Canal Street Stag Boy's Knife, but I am pretty darn sure it's not that...
I think it will be the forum knife, two knives was €40,61 :thumbsup: I thought four knives went to Holland but it seems four members from Holland ordered knives as both Glenfiddich and I ordered two.

You were right, zolthar zolthar ! At long last, I have my 2018 forum knife in hand! It's great; I really like the elk (just the right thickness and well matched), the blades are sharp, and it has excellent snap. Perfect pulls (for me), maybe a 5 on the clip and a 5.5 on the wharncliffe. Some very minor gaps, but barely visible without a light behind them (and gaps are a pet peeve of mine, so I am not usually forgiving of them). The wharncliffe spring is slightly sunken when closed, but flush when open. The clip spring is VERY slightly sunken when closed (I can feel it, but not see it), but also flush when open. I am absolutely pleased with it. I would post pictures, but I figure you guys have seen enough by now!

The only real downside was that the slip I ordered wasn't in the package. I e-mailed @skblades, though, and received a quick response that they would send one A.S.A.P. Great customer service...

I'm still waiting for mine.. There might be others as well.
Was hoping to get it before the weekend, but since that ship has sailed I'm rooting for a Monday delivery.

6yRuPPw.jpg

PgHC4zq.jpg

NEB0vbk.jpg

Pix aren't a lot of good due to time pressure and winter light (sunny today!) but I hope they give some idea of the nice contrast between the two sides. What no picture can show is of course the fine action of the knife, really pleased.

Regards, Will

The pics are fine Will. Really great looking knives. Glad you finally got them.

That's nice of you to say Ed, thank you. As I repeat myself.. I'm really pleased with the latest Forum Knife, an attractive user with quality materials.

You know what? Tracking still says it's in the USPS system...;) Have I got a phantom knife??:eek::D

Regards, Will

Peregrin said:
BTW, I love the included description! Nice touch!
C63EkRE.jpg

2fqIy52.jpg

Anyone know where I can get a copy of the description? I didn’t get one with my knife and since I have all the forum knives with all the original packaging, one of 3 complete collections out there, I’d really like to have a copy to make the collection historically correct.

Thanks in advance for any help or leads to where I could acquire one.

Anyone know where I can get a copy of the description? I didn’t get one with my knife and since I have all the forum knives with all the original packaging, one of 3 complete collections out there, I’d really like to have a copy to make the collection historically correct.

Thanks in advance for any help or leads to where I could acquire one.
PM sent ;)

Thanks for helpin’ me keep the collection historically accurate and complete. As long as we have a knife, I’ll keep the collection complete and continue posting pics as historical document of what we’ve accomplished as a community.

13 knives total, 14 if you count the Schrade. Our first Knife was totaled to a bit over 30 pieces and our last over 500 if I’m not mistaken, (haven’t started lookin’ up the threads on 2018’s knife).

Thanks for helpin’ me keep the collection historically accurate and complete. As long as we have a knife, I’ll keep the collection complete and continue posting pics as historical document of what we’ve accomplished as a community.

13 knives total, 14 if you count the Schrade. Our first Knife was totaled to a bit over 30 pieces and our last over 500 if I’m not mistaken, (haven’t started lookin’ up the threads on 2018’s knife).
Was going to offer mine too, but too many beat me to it!

Finally received a "ransom note" today. Only a few more days...

Hey don’t feel too bad or left out. I have my 2 on the way that have been stuck somewhere for over a month. The package was flagged to be returned to the sender due to an “insufficient address” (which is BS) and they basically dissappeared at that point. No one had any answers.

But, they just popped up and SK Blades is sending them back out today for a second try lol. :thumbsup:

Probably makes me the last in the US to receive them! What do I win!?

Back