Forum Knife Updates and comments

I got to say I'm VERY satisfied :thumbsup: Thanks Stephen and Buck for making this happen ;)
IMG_3747.JPG IMG_3750.JPG IMG_3751.JPG IMG_3752.JPG IMG_3753.JPG

:D Up date, had more time to check this Knife out. WOW! It's very nice Thanks again for all that were involved. Buck did a damm nice job :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Well done for bringing this one in skblades skblades , you've accomplished a mammoth task :thumbsup:

Dear Complaints Department,
I thought it was supposed to be Elk .I will accept Mammoth but please don't let this happen again.
Yours sincerely
Etc.

Missed it by that much!! I checked my tracking right before I left for lunch so I could go home and grab my knife if it was delivered. Now I'm back at work and it was delivered 7 minutes after I left for lunch.View attachment 1032722

Something to look forward to when I get home.
Must have done the ssme training course as the Austrslia Post posties.....Covert Ops Delivery 101- how not to be seen..
They hide in the bushes

Well, I've still got the no-shipping-notice blues. Guess that's what happens when your name comes in towards the end of the alphabet.

In other news, I was in the dark regarding the significance of the BOS etch. But this link cleared it up for me. Just in case there are a few other folks besides me in the world who didn't know the story, the etch refers to Paul Bos, the man behind Buck's heat treatment. Nice touch to put that on the knife.

Well, I've still got the no-shipping-notice blues. Guess that's what happens when your name comes in towards the end of the alphabet.

In other news, I was in the dark regarding the significance of the BOS etch. But this link cleared it up for me. Just in case there are a few other folks besides me in the world who didn't know the story, the etch refers to Paul Bos, the man behind Buck's heat treatment. Nice touch to put that on the knife.
It's definitely not alphabetically. Alan

NEWS Flash - This Just In: USPS Invents Teleportation Device!!! Breaks Down on First Use!!

I got my "we have picked up your package in Idaho 12/6 1:09 PM" followed immediately by "Expected delivery 12/6 by 8:00 PM" (I am in Tennessee). A while later "Expected Delivery Monday, Dec 10" as they realize that the Concorde is no longer flying, and there were no non-stops between Idaho and Tennessee during its entire lifetime anyway, and it didn't carry mail.

Last edited:
Just picked mine up and it looks great. I am very happy and will enjoy using this.

I have a few 112’s, but none with any antler..... Hmm.....

Thank you for the heads-up :thumbsup::thumbsup::)

NEWS Flash - This Just In: USPS Invents Teleportation Device!!! Breaks Down on First Use!!

I got my "we have picked up your package in Idaho 12/6 1:09 PM" followed immediately by "Expected delivery 12/6 by 8:00 PM" (I am in Tennessee). A while later "Exected Delivery Monday, Dec 10" as they realize that the Concorde is no longer flying, and there were no non-stops between Idaho and Tennessee during its entire lifetime anyway, and it didn't carry mail.
You should be happy with that update! Could have been "Expected delivery 12/6 by 8:00 PM" ... 2019! :):eek:

I got mine in today. It’s dark out now, so I’ll take pictures in the morning.

The good:
  1. Scales are nice and thin, and evenly matched.
  2. Great transitions from scale to booster.
  3. Love the slanted bolsters.
  4. Stamps and etches are all well done.
  5. It’s so nice to have a traditional with CPM-154 blades.
  6. Love the shapes of both blades.
  7. I really like the size and weight of the knife.
  8. The pull on the sheepsfoot is about a 4, but very crisp. I like it.
The bad:
  1. I got unlucky on the covers. Mine are very light, with little contrast. I may try to improve the contrast with potassium permanganate.
  2. The multiple gaps between the springs and liners are quite bad. Worse than even my worst Case or Queen.
  3. The thickness behind the edge of both blades runs from about .038” to .040”. That instantly makes the knife a safe queen in my opinion.
  4. The pull on the clip blade is about a 3, and not very crisp. Not terrible, but in no way impressive.
  5. The long pulls are very wide and rounded looking. They are perfectly functional, but not aesthetically pleasing from a traditional perspective. Very modern looking, like the Lionsteel Roundhead pulls. But they look out of place on this particular folder.
All in all, I’m not blown away. Natural covers are luck of the draw, so no biggie there. The spring gaps are more cosmetic than anything, so I’ll grudgingly forgive. We all knew that the pulls on the Buck blades were a concern, and they’re about what we expected. Weak but not dangerously so. But the thickness behind the edges is an unacceptable mistake. Overall, the aesthetics are not good enough to make it a nice safe queen, and the thickness of the grind makes it even less valuable as a user.

Sorry, but I’m just not feeling this one.

Oh the humanity! I would definitely take Caleb up on that offer, as I'd say that one has a bit of the ugly duck Syndrome!

Glad to see many others coming through and looking good!!!

Just got mine. Happy with the elk, better matched than my quickie photos show. one scale is precariously thin in middle (about a .32" id say, maybe thinner) and the other one has a pin crack. many liner gaps, and both blades hit sides, maybe no rub, can't tell yet. Mild pulls, which i like. Only reporting, still think it's a good value and I enjoy participating in the Porch.
Buck1.jpg Buck2.jpg Buck3.jpg

It's definitely not alphabetically. Alan
No notice here yet either.
Maybe it's the fact I ordered two and a slip?
Probably shipping out singles first to keep the most folks happy?
Not sweating, just surmising.

No notice here yet either.
Maybe it's the fact I ordered two and a slip?
Probably shipping out singles first to keep the most folks happy?
Not sweating, just surmising.
Actually we did do a huge first order of 1 Knife boxes, and then went to 2 knife boxes. I didn't realize, but yes...next will be the 1 Knife 1 Slip orders, and then 2 Knife 1 Slip orders. So we do have some sort of an order. Everyone should be getting their shipping notifications soon.

Back