Forum Knife Updates and comments

Interesting stuff. I'm part of the Colorado contingent (southeast corner of the state).

CA here - close to the geographical center of the state (which is North Fork).

Although I didn’t pick one up, (didn’t get last years either) they look pretty nice overall. Thnx SK and Buck. I’m happy that it was a Buck this time around. As much as I like my GEC’s, this isn’t the GEC fanpage so it’s refreshing to see something else in there too. I’ve got the CSC 2015 and the GEC 2016 but the last couple have been too similar to knives I’ve already got so I opted out. Curious to see what next year will bring..?

Got mine yesterday. I need to take a good look at it, but first impressions are super positive.

Honestly, pretty surprised to see the states with the strictest knife laws have the most buyers.

Mine was supposed to have arrived today but has been stuck in Spokane since the 3rd.

I'm not considering that a traditional knife is most accepted type in areas with stricter knife laws. The other places have more freedom of choice in their knives. I would also think that those area are higher populations too so more people equals more potential buyers. I don't know how all it works but for people who are having their knives sent directly to a person/business for regrind or to a business who ships goods like knives over seas those might be throwing off the numbers.

I have not received my two yet, but can certainly understand and respect Buzzbait's analysis. In 2008 a Northwoods stockman was the BladeForums knife. It was an absolute piece of trash. There were burn spots on at least two of the blades, the grinds were uneven, and the shield fell off. There was probably something else wrong too, maybe the pulls were a little off. They sold the brand to KSF in 2009, so probably went out of business around that time. What a surprise. I didn't buy another BF knife until 2014. That one was fine.

So, I think Mr. Buzz was quite measured, logical and justified in his response.

West Virginia is a goose egg! :eek: (also Iowa and South Dakota)

Last edited:
I’m an ex pat if that helps
G2

I voted knobby, but your smoother antler is my favorite so far.
I haven't had a chance to post a photo of my second one and even though it's a dark rainy day with bad light here it is.
This one is very knobby.
k5Y5ji0.jpg

ipCxSuG.jpg

Back