Forum Knife Updates and comments

I didn’t order one but love what I am seeing! Gaps and imperfections are character in my book! This knife is my favorite size with my favorite two blades. Congrats to all! Please use and enjoy and don’t let imperfections distract you.

So have more than half of the Porchenbergers received their knives? It's almost time to start a new poll to decide when to start a poll about what next years knife should be.

afPmvLx.gif
Supposed to get mine Monday.

Very true. Was mostly referring to CA and NY. Besides population neglected to think about how both these blades are under probably all states restricted blade carry size making it desirable to many with strict laws for that reason alone.
It is a common misconception that California and NY state have strict knife laws.

Received mine today...will get some pics up later. Very light, almost smooth antler. At first I was a little disappointed in the lack of bark, but the more it handle it, the more I like it, as it is very different. Sides are very well matched.
Nice 5.5 pull on the clip, but virtually no snap on closing, sorta like the secondary blades on GEC’s last #66 run, if you remember those. This may correct itself as the knife is used and gets opened and closed a bit.
No gaps in the back (Buzzbait’s pics had me concerned!) and no blade play.
Pretty sharp, but needs at least a stropping. Blade thickness seems about the same as my regular 301. I don’t have any calipers to measure them.
Overall I’m pretty darned pleased, especially at the price point. :)

Got my pre shipment notice on Friday but still hasn’t hit the post office .
I’m chomping at the bit here lol :)

I posted back in #1424 that the clip wouldn't snap all the way closed and the sheepsfoot wouldn't snap into fully open. Well, working both back and forth a few dozen times has corrected those issues. Pleasant snap in both directions on both blades.

I rate the pull on the clip blade around a 5.4173 and the pull on the sheepsfoot at about a 5.39206. :)
kf9cEfZ.jpg

kf9cEfZ.jpg
Al, gotta like a guy who knows precision.
All these other slackers with their whole numbers on blade pulls ... amateurs.

Well, after being "in transit to the next facility" for five days mine has arrived at a regional postal distribution facility only 50 miles away. Maybe it'll get here tomorrow.......or more likely next week sometime.

ALL THE ORDERS FROM THE USA, BROKEN DOWN BY STATE:

AK - 3
AL - 4
AR - 5
AZ - 5
CA - 43
CO - 8
CT - 3
DE - 2
FL - 9
GA - 6
HI - 2
IA - 1
IL - 12
IN - 4
KS - 4
KY - 10
LA - 6
MA - 10
MD - 5
ME - 2
MI - 5
MN - 6
MO - 3
MS - 2
MT - 2
NC - 10
ND - 1
NE - 3
NH- 1
NJ - 6
NM - 1
NV - 1
NY - 22
OH - 7
OK - 6
OR - 11
PA - 16
RI - 1
SC - 3
TN - 10
TX - 22
UT - 1
VA - 4
VT - 1
WA - 14
WI - 3
WY - 1

Holy cow, only one person representing my state. I wonder who it is? :D

So no receipts of slips yet? Wonder what they look like.

Last edited:
Nice to see that everyone should have their knives by Xmas.
Got mine in yesterday, overall fit & finish vg, covers well matched, no severe gaps, pull a 4-5 on both blades.
I am not a big fan of blade etching however the placement & size were done very well. I like it.
I got one like@Buzzbait very obtuse grind angle, very thick behind the edge, not very sharp.
Overall considering how many dull ones I have received from GEC with lousy grinds I can fix this if I decide
to carry it. This one has a good shot at becoming a SQ.

I received my forum knives today. The scales are different on each knife, one is smooth and light in color, the other has more texture and contrast. Both are attractive and unique. I'm very pleased with them.

Got mine in. Been pondering it for a little while.
- Overall knife is slender and seems like a nice pocket rider.
- I really like the Elk, nice and thin, and matching thickness. The two sides aren't a perfect match, but no biggie, I like em both.
- There are several decent gaps in the springs, but I could live with that, not the only knife I have with gaps.
- Sheep blade is fairly centered, Clip leans way to the edge, almost touching the liner. Could live with that as well, probably, but seems related to the question below.

What I'm struggling with is it doesn't seem right at the end/pivot pins, and I'm wondering if that might cause any issues over time. There are significant gaps at both ends. The clip doesn't seem to be set straight, almost twisted, and pin is very visible to the center. The sheep is fairly straight, but pin is visible on both sides. In my mind this is not good fit and may cause loose blades over some time. Was looking for any input from some of you if this is a big deal or not.

Clip end:
ClipEnd1.jpg

ClipEnd2.jpg

Sheep end:
SheepEnd1.jpg

SheepEnd2.jpg

Appreciate any input if I should just accept this, or possibly send it back in to be reset or tightened up.

Back