Gayle Bradley Hard Use

A large number of these made over there 5 year lifespan, due to that the prices on these are IMO very reasonable..for now.

It might take awhile but I do think they will go up in value as the supply slowly drys up.

Outstanding all purpose knives, destined to be a classic, right now is as good time as any to get one or a spare at a very reasonable price.

^^ love it! Can't wait for mine to show up. Might make some scales for it

So envy you guys... great thread. I have another knife deal cooking right now, but I will have to get a gb sooner or later. Wondering whether to get a 1 or 2. Though the 1 is more expensive to get if it is available at all. :(

Gesendet von meinem SM-T813 mit Tapatalk

So envy you guys... great thread. I have another knife deal cooking right now, but I will have to get a gb sooner or later. Wondering whether to get a 1 or 2. Though the 1 is more expensive to get if it is available at all. :(

I opted for the GB1 simply because they are discontinued and at some point won't be so easy to get. FYI, several dealers still show the GB1 in stock and they do come up on the Exchange fairly often.

I opted for the GB1 simply because they are discontinued and at some point won't be so easy to get. FYI, several dealers still show the GB1 in stock and they do come up on the Exchange fairly often.
Thanks for your reply. As for the exchange... don't want to delve into this topic here. Kinda hard to use if you live in continental Europe.
Might have to look for a one. Though the 2 looks nice as well. ;)

Hi!
I am new in the 'Gayle Bradley folder owner club'. Some days ago arrived the knife, and I started to use it for every work.
Some detergent bottle:
30611131774_9ce2511da1_z.jpg

, on Flickr
No chipping, no dulling...
Avesome slicer is this knife!

Thanks for your reply. As for the exchange... don't want to delve into this topic here. Kinda hard to use if you live in continental Europe.
Might have to look for a one. Though the 2 looks nice as well. ;)

Dagon007 and Stefan Schmalhaus (On YT) are two I know live in Europe and if not mistaken, have GB1. Perhaps they can share their sources.

Last edited:
97c03b1171ae1f9ddc8f5c56a8c283d0.jpg
today I forced this patina on my gb2. I'm pretty happy with the results. I just don't understand why the bottom portion didn't take on any patina. Any guesses?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

today I forced this patina on my gb2. I'm pretty happy with the results. I just don't understand why the bottom portion didn't take on any patina. Any guesses?

Did you get it squeaky clean first?

I only have a GB 1 so far but it is one of the best work knives ever made by any company hands down, full stop. More knives should be designed and built this well. This thing was made with real working men in mind. I am not nearly a rugged enough manly man to do this knife justice. Jesus was a carpenter, this must have been his work knife.

Back