1. Week 43of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco C243PBK Edela + Misc Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco Endela + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Oct 26 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  2. Week 42 drawing for the BladeForums.com 20th Anniversary Year of Giveaways live stream, going on from 5-6PM eastern!!
    Tune in to our YouTube Channel, http://www.youtube.com/TheRealBladeforums, we'll be drawing winners for BladeForums.com merchandise & the grand prize:
    an Kizer Vanguard V4516A1 Domin Folding Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter , along with BladeForums branded gear!

Additional prize(s) will be awarded to people in the livestream chat, so watch for your chance to win bonus prize(s)

Gayle Bradley Hard Use

Discussion in 'Spyderco' started by Andrew Colglazier, Feb 9, 2010.

1. ToxicBot11

ToxicBot11

Apr 28, 2013
    A large number of these made over there 5 year lifespan, due to that the prices on these are IMO very reasonable..for now.

It might take awhile but I do think they will go up in value as the supply slowly drys up.

Outstanding all purpose knives, destined to be a classic, right now is as good time as any to get one or a spare at a very reasonable price.

2. BigKurtHaze

BigKurtHaze

Aug 2, 2015
    Cut a little tar paper on a roof yesterday.
    [​IMG]

3. Gizler00

Gizler00 Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 19, 2006
    ^^ love it! Can't wait for mine to show up. Might make some scales for it

4. Gizler00

Feb 19, 2006
    Feels good to have another one.

Now time to abuse her a little.

[​IMG]

5. kmboldon

kmboldon

Jan 28, 2014
    [​IMG]GB&Millie by Kyle Boldon, on Flickr

Everyday at work. Takes one of the best edges I can produce with my sharpening skills.

6. Gizler00

Feb 19, 2006
    Great pair! I miss having a military sometimes.

7. NoFair

NoFair

Jun 30, 2006
    Just got a CTS 204P one and the upgrades are actually nice. Still prefer my old CF ones, but that is because of the carbon fiber.

8. kmboldon

kmboldon

Jan 28, 2014
    Thanks man!

9. vilePossum

vilePossum

Jan 14, 2015
    So envy you guys... great thread. I have another knife deal cooking right now, but I will have to get a gb sooner or later. Wondering whether to get a 1 or 2. Though the 1 is more expensive to get if it is available at all. :(

Gesendet von meinem SM-T813 mit Tapatalk

10. Sharp Guy

Sharp Guy Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 6, 2016
    I opted for the GB1 simply because they are discontinued and at some point won't be so easy to get. FYI, several dealers still show the GB1 in stock and they do come up on the Exchange fairly often.

11. vilePossum

vilePossum

Jan 14, 2015
    Thanks for your reply. As for the exchange... don't want to delve into this topic here. Kinda hard to use if you live in continental Europe.
    Might have to look for a one. Though the 2 looks nice as well. ;)

Gesendet von meinem SM-T813 mit Tapatalk

12. ygan

ygan

Jul 28, 2009
    Hi!
    I am new in the 'Gayle Bradley folder owner club'. Some days ago arrived the knife, and I started to use it for every work.
    Some detergent bottle:
    [​IMG]
    , on Flickr
    No chipping, no dulling...
    Avesome slicer is this knife!

13. Chris "Anagarika"

Chris "Anagarika"

Mar 7, 2001

Dagon007 and Stefan Schmalhaus (On YT) are two I know live in Europe and if not mistaken, have GB1. Perhaps they can share their sources.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2016
  14. ygan

ygan

Jul 28, 2009

I am from Hungary (Europe), I bought from this french shop:

http://www.coutellerie-tourangelle.com/en/spyderco-gayle-bradley-xml-908_175_401-7662.html

login to shop for better price: 151.25 € and ~15 € shipping.

15. Raz94

Raz94

Jan 3, 2016
    [​IMG] today I forced this patina on my gb2. I'm pretty happy with the results. I just don't understand why the bottom portion didn't take on any patina. Any guesses?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. jpm2

jpm2

Nov 19, 2014
    Did you get it squeaky clean first?

17. Lapedog

Lapedog

Dec 7, 2016
    I only have a GB 1 so far but it is one of the best work knives ever made by any company hands down, full stop. More knives should be designed and built this well. This thing was made with real working men in mind. I am not nearly a rugged enough manly man to do this knife justice. Jesus was a carpenter, this must have been his work knife.

Razor likes this.
  18. Raz94

Raz94

Jan 3, 2016
    Yes I did. Rubbed it down with alcohol and everything.

19. jpm2

jpm2

Nov 19, 2014
    What does the other side look like?

20. Raz94

Raz94

Jan 3, 2016
    [​IMG]
    Pretty similar actually.