Gearheads Unite: What do you drive or ride?

gooeytek- Are you running a staggered setup on your wheels? Looks to be so, the way the front wheels bow out and back wheels sit flat. My Z is the same way. What are your wheel dimensions?

The S2000 comes stock with staggered wheels. :thumbup:

I know I'm a half page late, but gooeytek- that's easily the coolest wagon I've ever seen, possibly excluding David freiburger's Buick Electra from Roadkill :D

My daily driver is a 1984 Ford Ranger. 2.8 v6 and a 4 speed. Currently in the shop, Carb pulled apart and soaking in cleaner because the jest were completely clogged. Thats what I get for buying a $900 Ford :D
DSCN0925_zps917e8d65.jpg

My daily driver is a 1984 Ford Ranger. 2.8 v6 and a 4 speed. Currently in the shop, Carb pulled apart and soaking in cleaner because the jest were completely clogged. Thats what I get for buying a $900 Ford :D

Shoot, if it lasts three months without a major repair you've gotten your $900 worth. If it lasts a year, you've won the lottery.
And heck, that red is so pretty I'd pay $900 just to have it as a lawn ornament. :)

Ha thanks Bob, it probably should have been made a lawn ornament a long time ago. And there's no reason for it to have run as long as it did, I knew it had a bad fuel pump and carb when I bought it, bust still drove it until about a week ago when the pump finally gave up the ghost. It's now gone from $900 worht of mini truck to $1500 worth of mini truck with all the miscellanious stuff I've done, but supposedly with this most recent repair it's running like a top. Looking forward to at least 3 weeks of maintenance-free service :D

The S2000 comes stock with staggered wheels. :thumbup:
Yep. My Enkei RPF1s are 18x9 up front and 18x10 in the rear. I might go wider if I end up going with a single turbo setup. It's always hard to choose between allocating money for another car or continue putting money into your current build lol

LeatherMan64- Old Rangers are tough, tough trucks! It should be running great for a while now. Seems to me like you're getting a lot of bang for your buck! Good looking truck you've got there.

I know I'm a half page late, but gooeytek- that's easily the coolest wagon I've ever seen, possibly excluding David freiburger's Buick Electra from Roadkill :D

DSCN0925_zps917e8d65.jpg

I always liked the square body look of these trucks lots of personality and character, if it was a newer truck that extra you just spend in repairs would be atleast doubled or more. its payed off no payments, lower insurance. doesn't seem so bad to me.

Wow, I totally forgot to throw up pics of my Mustang. Sorry 4literranger485, its a 5.0 bored over, trickflow heads, trickflow intake, Buddy Rawls custom grind cam, full exhaust, entirely tuned by myself via Binary Editor with a Moates QuarterHorse.

There was a comment a little way back that just touched one of my pet peeves -- as much as I love a big American truck, most people that own them seem to buy them for status not utility (at least here in California). I really miss small, useful, economical trucks like the '80s Toyotas & Nissans -- the smallest truck you can buy today is bigger than an F150 from 15 years ago!! I'd *love* to own a small truck with a midsized diesel motor. Small diesels are pretty pathetic, however, which is why Nissan only sold, like, 19 of them in the US when they offered it in the early '80s.

There was a comment a little way back that just touched one of my pet peeves -- as much as I love a big American truck, most people that own them seem to buy them for status not utility (at least here in California). I really miss small, useful, economical trucks like the '80s Toyotas & Nissans -- the smallest truck you can buy today is bigger than an F150 from 15 years ago!! I'd *love* to own a small truck with a midsized diesel motor. Small diesels are pretty pathetic, however, which is why Nissan only sold, like, 19 of them in the US when they offered it in the early '80s.
Agreed. I think the older Frontiers are really good trucks. Not bad on gas, plenty of space in the bed, and close to indestructible!

Just picked this up to serve as my EDD during the spring, summer, and fall. This 1953 Chevy 210 has the 6 cylinder Blue Flame engine with 3 on the tree. Not perfect, but then again, when the kids accidentally scratch it or it gets nicked in the parking lot, no need to blow a gasket!

My daughter took this picture of me from the inside of my wife's van. This is what I use when the kids are not with me and I "need" to go somewhere. It's a 2008 Harley Springer Crossbones. Yea, the original seat looks cool, but not real comfy when in the saddle for more than a couple hours.

Lastly, I have an F150 extended cab for those times when I need to haul something or salt and snow make their seasonal appearance. No pics of that as I haven't taken any of it since owning it.

Last edited:
gooeytek- Are you running a staggered setup on your wheels? Looks to be so, the way the front wheels bow out and back wheels sit flat. My Z is the same way. What are your wheel dimensions?

20x8.5 with 275/40's in front, and 20x10 with 315/35's in the rear.

I 100% agree... i bought a 08 tacoma and wish it was a smaller older version. beautiful truck, but its still BIG for a 1/4 ton truck. I used to have a 89 isuzu pickup (exact same size as the old mid eighties tacomas) and it was awesome! small light wicked 4x4 that was exactly what a 1/4 ton should be IMHO. The '08 is an awesome truck, just way bigger and way harder on gas from my old one. anyway, thats my rant on that, so to the point of this all i have a Tacoma TRD OFF ROAD and a 2013 fiat 500 Abarth... I needed something easier on gas and i missed having a quick car.

Sorry for the small pic but all I have on me at the moment , into offroading and the like , and here in SA we do it old school , Toyota Hilux 2.7 2001 4x4 , 31 BFG's pic was of a 4x4 challenge we did some years ago , sadly I don't nearly 4x4 as much as I used to but this "bakkie" (what we call it in South Africa) has 280000 kms (about a 170000 miles) on the clock and still going strong , most it has cost me was I had to recently replace the alternator and water pump , in $ equivalent of $270 :)

of course this would be my dream Hilux :)

Dakar-Hilux.jpg

Metal Made Fox- man yours is super clean! Looking good dude. How dark is your tint, and is your windshield tinted as well?

Just a shot I got yesterday.
10475462_10152167075496160_9004134785072063028_n.jpg

Great looking cars, trucks, and bikes everyone.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1406081192671.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1406081192671.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Metal Made Fox- man yours is super clean! Looking good dude. How dark is your tint, and is your windshield tinted as well?

Thanks! I believe I have 15-20% tint on the rear and side windows. Surprisingly the front windshield looks like it has very dark tint as well but I guess it's just the camera angle. I also blacked out my emblems using plasti-dip a couple of day ago. Came out spectacularly perfect.

IMAG0747_zps951dfa69.jpg

IMAG0748_zps7d037e03.jpg

06 M5 and 96 4Runner.

Your BMW M5 is incredible! ///M Power is nothing to be messed with. You know BMW is truly the ultimate driving when they can build a big and heavy luxury sedan that can handle like a Ferrari on the track and keep up with a Lamborghini in a drag race.

I've got an '06 330i and an '05 Tacoma TRD 4x4. I had my version of the perfect trifecta up until last year when I had to sell my '07 Yamaha FJR- what a great bike that is! I'm happy with what I've got, but wouldn't mind upgrading to a 335 ; )

Last edited:
Back