GEC #56 Dogleg Jack Spear

Just got my Canvas Micarta, have a Appaloosa Bone on the way, and I'm really, really trying to resist the Mardi Gras Acrylic. I like these little knives a lot and would even put them slightly ahead of the 78s (of which I have 4) except for one thing: no half stops.

DQ3jfr1.jpg

I snagged a single blade micarta one off the Exchange. For nearly half of what the eBay vultures are asking. I'm very curious as to how many (or rather, how few) of these were made to have disappeared so quickly.

Pictures upon arrival.

I snagged a single blade micarta one off the Exchange. For nearly half of what the eBay vultures are asking. I'm very curious as to how many (or rather, how few) of these were made to have disappeared so quickly.

Pictures upon arrival.
I think there’s one on there now for 85 but there’s a few days left on bidding .
Yup those vultures can be very hungry :D
Not sure if there was any less made then the others . My guess is they were just more popular and on the wanted list for most . Just my speculation of course ...

Last edited:
F22D82A5-9A63-4E1D-B2EC-ECDDEA64DE47.jpeg 70433735-F1D5-45F6-BD6C-32BBC823125B.jpeg 781C8529-DBE2-4C9D-B095-B480A319823A.jpeg 11AC7696-12A3-4905-A78B-5E8D5078976E.jpeg

I’ve got a strange relationship with Stag. I’ve had a handful of very sought after Stag GEC’s, but never actually carried one... I parted with all my examples and I currently only have one other, an older #73 with nice popcorn and the classic UNXLD shield that I choose to display since Stag went shieldless.

This #56 is a great example and brings me back to my years carrying a Case dogleg trapper. Will it stand the test of time and remain in one of my pockets? I guess we’ll have to wait and see.

View attachment 849450 View attachment 849451 View attachment 849452 View attachment 849453

I’ve got a strange relationship with Stag. I’ve had a handful of very sought after Stag GEC’s, but never actually carried one... I parted with all my examples and I currently only have one other, an older #73 with nice popcorn and the classic UNXLD shield that I choose to display since Stag went shieldless.

This #56 is a great example and brings me back to my years carrying a Case dogleg trapper. Will it stand the test of time and remain in one of my pockets? I guess we’ll have to wait and see.

Very nice! I’m pretty sure that one will stand the test of time!

View attachment 849450 View attachment 849451 View attachment 849452 View attachment 849453

Very nice example!
I have one inbound, hope to be here tomorrow.

Just scored a single blade 56 Appaloosa bone and wow they went fast .
Within minutes !!!

I was having breakfast this morning and got the email. Judging by the tone of the notification, I expected to log in and find them all gone but I was fortunate to find that they were still in stock and was able to snag one. I am looking forward to checking this one out. The match strike long pull, pinched bolsters, federal shield, and appaloosa bone are going to make for a stunning knife, I think. And that is coming from someone who hasn't taken a liking to Appaloosa Bone in the past.

I really like the looks of the darker hued examples I have seen and I forgot to include a note requesting such in my order. Oh well, I will welcome the surprise.

I was having breakfast this morning and got the email. Judging by the tone of the notification, I expected to log in and find them all gone but I was fortunate to find that they were still in stock and was able to snag one. I am looking forward to checking this one out. The match strike long pull, pinched bolsters, federal shield, and appaloosa bone are going to make for a stunning knife, I think. And that is coming from someone who hasn't taken a liking to Appaloosa Bone in the past.

I really like the looks of the darker hued examples I have seen and I forgot to include a note requesting such in my order. Oh well, I will welcome the surprise.
LoL The tune of my post was based on right when I got the email I went instantly to check them out . Bought one went threw checkout process . Went back on line to check them out again and it said out of stock .
Who knows maybe it was sent to me later but regardless I’m a happy camper and congrats to you also !
Should go well with my single blade micarta and 2 Blade Micarta.
Happy Happy Happy here !!!!!!!! :D
And it’s Friday !!!!!
Edit: It just dawned on me we may have got them from different dealers .

Last edited:
Back