GEC #56 Dogleg Jack Spear

View attachment 849886[/QUOTE]
Very nice! I’m pretty sure that one will stand the test of time!

Very nice example!
I have one inbound, hope to be here tomorrow.

Appreciate the compliments gents. Haven't yet gotten around to taking it out for anything but pictures, but maybe this will be the first Stag I commit to carrying... or maybe not....

Just got this in today. Pretty happy camper! Need to get better pics.

View attachment 849886

Very nice example you’ve got yourself there :thumbsup:

I know the #55 and #56 are the same pattern except for the #55 having half stops and some models a liner lock. Does anyone have amplifying information on why GEC chose to build/release these two models this way? I’m not bias either way, although a half stop has saved me from a nick a time or two.

I’ve always also wondered this about the #38 Whittler and special as neither model has half stops. I originally attributed this ( in my own mind ) to the split spring design in the Whittler, but that doesn’t hold true for the single spring on the 38 special.

View attachment 849450 View attachment 849451 View attachment 849452 View attachment 849453

I’ve got a strange relationship with Stag. I’ve had a handful of very sought after Stag GEC’s, but never actually carried one... I parted with all my examples and I currently only have one other, an older #73 with nice popcorn and the classic UNXLD shield that I choose to display since Stag went shieldless.

This #56 is a great example and brings me back to my years carrying a Case dogleg trapper. Will it stand the test of time and remain in one of my pockets? I guess we’ll have to wait and see.
How did I miss that Stag !
Congrats on that keeper ! You guys are scoring some beautiful Stag , what a run :thumbsup:

Thanks for the great shields, GEC!:thumbsup:
ck2PiA6.jpg

Whewww, I was able to land a single blade Appaloosa as well! It was top of the list for me after they announced it as the cover choice change. Can't wait to get it in hand.

***edit, not my pics, but the one I snagged today.***

Screen Shot 2018-02-16 at 6.56.08 PM.png Screen Shot 2018-02-16 at 6.55.57 PM.png

Last edited:
Came home to the FINEST GEC Ive ever owned. I was never a fan of appaloosa bone, but when jigged was changed to it in the production schedule, I figured I'll roll with it.
So glad I did. And no, it's not giraffe bone:cool:.
28twcjd.jpg

wml63t.jpg

Pulls are much stiffer than my single blade mustard Tidioute.
Everything is flawless. WOW. 11/10!
I'll try for some sun pics sometime. There is a hint of purple in there...
Edit: thank you collectorknives!

I am glad someone likes the Mardis Gras... :rolleyes:

Makes me shudder, personally. ;)

(Though I will admit, the shield is pretty cool)
That’s exactly what made me buy it !
The shudder and the shield :D
It was such a great sensation lol.

Came home to the FINEST GEC Ive ever owned. I was never a fan of appaloosa bone, but when jigged was changed to it in the production schedule, I figured I'll roll with it.
So glad I did. And no, it's not giraffe bone:cool:.
28twcjd.jpg

wml63t.jpg

Pulls are much stiffer than my single blade mustard Tidioute.
Everything is flawless. WOW. 11/10!
I'll try for some sun pics sometime. There is a hint of purple in there...
Edit: thank you collectorknives!
That's one of the nicest Appaloosa bone knives I've ever seen. Congrats on that one! -Lance

Back