GEC #56 Dogleg Jack Spear

Both very nice guys:cool:mine should be here Friday:thumbsup:
You should love it !
I bought mine just for fun and because it’s different and was actually on the fence because I’m normally not into the bling kind of thing . I’m really glad I did now though :thumbsup:
Love the originality of it .

Got a single blade Mardi Gras today to go with my two 2 blades and my opinion from the 78s is confirmed: the 2 blade versions just feel better and work better in my hand.
Another thought: GEC got the nail nicks right on this one. Having the nail nicks on the same side on 2 blade 78s works but is not ideal (especially on the versions with the long pull).

I got my 56 in Appaloosa the other day and haven't really had a chance to formulate some thoughts on it yet...

I think I prefer the 2 blade variant in terms of its usability and utility but this single blade variant is classy, but rustic in its own special way. I've become quite taken with the Appaloosa Bone, I never dreamed that I would actually like it. But it is a material full of character and beauty. Couple that with the other aesthetic upgrades such as lined and dimpled bolsters, a long match strike pull, and the classic Federal shield and you have a truly elegant knife with a bit of a cowboy edge to it.

Aside from the slimness of the knife being slightly off putting, the match strike pull is the only other thing that gives me a bit of a problem in terms of its accessibility. I am not sure if the groove is narrower or shallower than a typical long pull but my thumb nail tends to not want to find a good purchase in there. So I have to make a concerted effort to make sure my nail is firmly in place before opening.

Other than those minor complaints, the knife is a real beauty and I am looking forward to having it be a part of the ever growing collection.

kxsafyU.jpg

DIGqlkZ.jpg

G3NH78d.jpg

On the Appaloosa long pull. I noticed a more shallow depth towards the tip of the blade and more depth near the bolster. The nail nick on the micarta is very good.
I still like them.

Very nice mail call Les:cool:
I got my 56 in Appaloosa the other day and haven't really had a chance to formulate some thoughts on it yet...

I think I prefer the 2 blade variant in terms of its usability and utility but this single blade variant is classy, but rustic in its own special way. I've become quite taken with the Appaloosa Bone, I never dreamed that I would actually like it. But it is a material full of character and beauty. Couple that with the other aesthetic upgrades such as lined and dimpled bolsters, a long match strike pull, and the classic Federal shield and you have a truly elegant knife with a bit of a cowboy edge to it.

Aside from the slimness of the knife being slightly off putting, the match strike pull is the only other thing that gives me a bit of a problem in terms of its accessibility. I am not sure if the groove is narrower or shallower than a typical long pull but my thumb nail tends to not want to find a good purchase in there. So I have to make a concerted effort to make sure my nail is firmly in place before opening.

Other than those minor complaints, the knife is a real beauty and I am looking forward to having it be a part of the ever growing collection.

kxsafyU.jpg

DIGqlkZ.jpg

G3NH78d.jpg
WONDERFUL Appaloosa Dylan:cool::thumbsup:

View attachment 855058 View attachment 855059

It is amazing how small this knife feels compared to the 78’s. Perfect for office and casual carry. The Appaloosa bone is very interesting. It changes appearance constantly depending on the light and conditions.

TheFactor TheFactor once again, beautiful knife!
paulhilborn paulhilborn thanks Paul, the mailman has been very kind to you as well.

View attachment 855058 View attachment 855059

It is amazing how small this knife feels compared to the 78’s. Perfect for office and casual carry. The Appaloosa bone is very interesting. It changes appearance constantly depending on the light and conditions.

TheFactor TheFactor once again, beautiful knife!
paulhilborn paulhilborn thanks Paul, the mailman has been very kind to you as well.
Im liking yours as well :thumbsup:
Your right it does change colors . Im going have to shoot some more pics in the day light :cool:

Back