Glennbad is a baaaad man

You know, that thing I like about stag is, you never know how it's going to look until you haft it out. Here's a recent TL-29 mod I did. I picked the stag for a unique profile, and boy, that's what I got. I even debuted a new mod to the screwdriver blade, this is my take on a punch blade.

kenh1.jpg
kenh2.jpg
kenh3.jpg
kenh4.jpg
kenh6.jpg

Here's one I finished for one of our employees. He's getting married, and wanted to get something special for his best man. He knew that I modded knives, so I suggested a Buck 110 in stag.

adamh1.jpg
adamh2.jpg
adamh3.jpg

Nice save on Rachel's Grampa's knife!! And I see some very wonderful Stag fitting on this page!!
The TL-HJ, that Cam-72, the Buck - Wow!
And then the Crown-fillets!!!
Nice work!!:thumbsup:

Love the Red Stag and the 110 :thumbsup: Some real beauties just on this page alone!:eek:

I found this German Lockback Bartenders knife on evil-bay, the main spring was broken but I loved the Stag, the corkscrew and the knife's design. It's 4 1/2" closed and 8 1/4" OAL with the deepest etch I've ever seen, Karl Metzler is says with a GEBR.RAUN over Solingen-GR. tang stamp. Like some of the LT-29's are built, you depress the other blade to release the main lock....and of course the main was the broken spring.:( This knife also had one bolster missing. So I ran it by Glenn and asked him if he'd like to take a stab at making a new spring and bolster for it. I also asked if it was possible to reuse the Stag covers and shield! :eek::confused::D IF they didn't brake during un-pinning or re-pinning!!:rolleyes: I wanted to keep it as original as possible but also functional. Glenn said "Why not! Let's give it a whrill, what have we got to lose"
Here is the knife as I received it...
IMG_2175.JPG
IMG_2174.JPG
IMG_2173.JPG

Dave

But here is the "real" challenge of this restoration!!!! o_O:eek: The broken spring!! :mad:
IMG_2637.JPG
IMG_2638.JPG
IMG_2639.JPG
I can NOT tell you all HOW impressed I am with the precision work involved and HOW pleased I am with the results of the restoration!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::cool::cool::cool:

Glenn! another GREAT Job!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Thank You!!!

Dave

PS, the next project will get into the post this week!!:D (it will be much easier);):)

As I look over this thread and the amazing results from Glenn's work, the one word that keeps coming to my mind is WOW, just WOW!!!

Thanks for the comments, Dave! This was probably my most or 2nd toughest build ever. The spring was the primary reason. Unlike other regular springs, this had so many crooked angles, as well as that nub, which actually travels into the well of the smaller blade, for the smaller blade to release the larger blades' lock. That spring also supports the corkscrew! Every hole had to be just right. I also had to fabricate a new bolster.

It was a fun and frustrating build, and Dave was quite patient as I schemed and tinkered with making the spring work. Thanks!

Back