Go Large--The BF Big Folder Thread

I was gonna wait until I received this one before posting any pics, but it's been finished for several days and the money transfer went through so it's officially mine. I expect it may arrive by the end of next week. Here's a teaser pic of my new 4.375"-bladed beauty from the other side of the planet.

PRj4nK5.jpg

Handsome blade, ChazzyP ChazzyP ..looking forward to more pics and details :thumbsup:

Last edited:
A few more Big uns from my collection.

Boker balisong and ZT 0452cf
IMG_3684.JPG

Crooked river and recon 1
IMG_3685.JPG

The boker is actually surprisingly nice quality for the price point however its not available in the US market for some reason so i had to order it from an outdoor and sports vendor in Finland. It has a pocket clip, crowned spine, and a spring latch along with the G10 scales it makes a nice EDC. Blade steel is 440C and overall weight isnt bad around 4.5 oz.

Last edited:
I've owned one of these before, and I missed it. Last time around it was a spear point, so this time I bought a tanto. My stable of ~4" blades definitely has room for a beefy, capable, mid-weight knife, and the Recon 1 fits the bill. :D

wW5SQxN.jpg

Is the blue one a Broken Skull? I didn't realize those were so comparable to the 4" Voyager.

Yes sir. Its Pretty thin and lightweight at about 3 oz also. G10 and XHP. I would prefer all black or better yet a satin blade and could do without all the billboarding on the show side but us knifenuts can always think of something to change about our knives right? I Actually just got it today and for a pretty good deal so its all good.

Thanks, but I'm teasin' coz I'm waitin' too. Made to order in Russia, but not by Shiro.... :rolleyes:

I have one myself, not that model But another from him. You are going to be one happy camper. They are made exquisitely.

Cheers Matt

I have one myself, not that model But another from him. You are going to be one happy camper. They are made exquisitely.

Cheers Matt
Thanks, Matt. I have two others that I'm very pleased to own and they indeed are made exquisitely. As I write, Russian tracking has it "arrived at the border" in Khmiki and US tracking has it "Processed through facility" in Moscow about 12 hours ago, so it's likely at customs at or near Sheremetyevo International Airport and will soon be in the air.
--Steve

5TEs6F5.jpg

Back