Got my very first Spyderco. :] Your newest?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn’t realize how much like the delica those are. Did u mod the flipper off?

The flipper tab was removed, the bearings were replaced with bronze washers, the back of the blade was re-profiled to be straight (Matra blades normally have a bit of a swell in the back), and the blade was acid washed to force the patina on the M4 steel. I did not do the work. Another forum member created this gem and then put it up on the exchange. It's basically the Delica I've always wished Spyderco would make.

The GrindMod Delica is one of my favorites, and I have many Spydies... So much so, that I feel a lil guilty about it, since it wasn't done by sal & Co first...

If you're not aware, the scales are profiled to match the PM2 scales, with a slight modification to the liners to create a choil.

I definitely recommend reading the origin thread...

(BRB with a link)

Edit to add link:
https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/spyderco-delica-w-lilpara-profile-modification.1390160/

Last edited:
With Spyderco you've tread in a very appealing territory. It's special (understand "not traditional at all") but I worship their all utilitarian approach of design. Lots of great working knives there. My only one left is the Street Beat (designed by Fred Perrin). Congrats for the new avatar with Buck Vanguard included.

Yes herisson herisson , definitely not a normal Sparkly knife choice! ^_^ but there's something about its unique color, shape, and feel that is just really neat. I'm definitely enjoying the different qualities it has that most of my other Bucks, and more traditional knives lack, like its light weight. Wow, what a difference! ^_^ And thanks for the congrats and for noticing my new avatar! :) Hopefully I'll keep this one permanent. Haha. ^_~ I had @HarglBargl snap that shot for me so that I would have at least one more Sparkly + a knife photo. :) Also still loving my Vanguard too! I don't like picking favorites. <3 :]

Yes herisson herisson , definitely not a normal Sparkly knife choice! ^_^ but there's something about its unique color, shape, and feel that is just really neat. I'm definitely enjoying the different qualities it has that most of my other Bucks, and more traditional knives lack, like its light weight. Wow, what a difference! ^_^ And thanks for the congrats and for noticing my new avatar! :) Hopefully I'll keep this one permanent. Haha. ^_~ I had @HarglBargl snap that shot for me so that I would have at least one more Sparkly + a knife photo. :) Also still loving my Vanguard too! No picking favorites... <3 :]
Take a slow walk into the knife world. There is a lot, lot, lot more to discover than you can ever imagine. Take your time, appreciate and use all of your knives. Your understanding of knives will refine and get more to the point. Your point, of course, and it is subject to changes over years. You'll learn and enjoy a lot. Right from the start, you seem to have good taste in knives. Just use them (they are no jewels) and tell us some real life stories about them. Check out Stabman for an enthusiastic user, and he even forges blades. The insanity !

Take a slow walk into the knife world. There is a lot, lot, lot more to discover than you can ever imagine. Take your time, appreciate and use all of your knives. Your understanding of knives will refine and get more to the point. Your point, of course, and it is subject to changes over years. You'll learn and enjoy a lot. Right from the start, you seem to have good taste in knives. Just use them (they are no jewels) and tell us some real life stories about them. Check out Stabman for an enthusiastic user, and he even forges blades. The insanity !

Yeah, @stabman is a cool dude! :] I hope to acquire some great stories. <3

Here's a Gen 1 Delica that's still good to go.
4xotz2n.jpg

8eZHp9i.jpg

Heres my first spydie... and with the LC200N steel, I dont even need to worry about it getting wet.

IMG_8647.jpg
I want one of these very badly... But, some major purchases have knives on the back burner for awhile...

My most recent Spyderco acquisition is a Mantra 1.
2018-05-22 13.05.34.jpg

Hey guys! :]

20180522_030351.jpg

20180522_030120.jpg

20180522_030148.jpg

Some photos of my very first Spyderco: A Delica with Ghost Jade g10 scales. I am very proud, and somehow feel like I've finally become a real knife enthusiast, now that I've got my own. ^_~

What's your newest Spyderco? I'd love to see them!! :]

I hope you all are having a great morning! ^_^

~ Sparkly

PS: Shoutout to @anthonycastorena2014 for the trade! :]

That is an amazing first Spyderco. There are serious collectors here who would be transparent jade green with envy for a delica like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back