• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Great Eastern Cutlery Availability, Dealers, "Drops", Etc.: A Place for People to Vent

You’re right, Ray. He should have made it $400.:)

@jkwithawave I think there has been a great deal of interest in the Lambsfoot, and because of the deserved reverence for Charlie.
I thought I had gotten skunked on the 93 Lamb SFO, with a stroke of luck, my favorite dealer was able to hook me up.

I feel so fortunate, it would never occur to me to part with this particular knife at any price.

It’s still there. That rubbed me the wrong way too. It’s odd that the GEC sales kind of have an accepted value increase...over time. But the immediate flip of one so desired by so many folks...just didn’t sit well with me.

In a completely OPPOSITE spirit, a very cool and thoughtful member reached out to sell me one at cost the other night. That blew me away. THAT is what makes this a great place to hang out. Heck, you might even say that builds a sense of community huh?

FWIW, I believe you can do whatever the heck you want with your stuff. I usually don’t even bother commenting on this subject. But I just saw both extremes of the spectrum in a matter of days...so there you go. :cool:

It’s still there. That rubbed me the wrong way too. It’s odd that the GEC sales kind of have an accepted value increase...over time. But the immediate flip of one so desired by so many folks...just didn’t sit well with me.

In a completely OPPOSITE spirit, a very cool and thoughtful member reached out to sell me one at cost the other night. That blew me away. THAT is what makes this a great place to hang out. Heck, you might even say that builds a sense of community huh?

FWIW, I believe you can do whatever the heck you want with your stuff. I usually don’t even bother commenting on this subject. But I just saw both extremes of the spectrum in a matter of days...so there you go. :cool:

the take away is to remember that there are good eggs out there. I remember a few drops back for the 77 barlow single blade micarta, i had walked out the hospital and went to the gym after work and missed the release email and thus the release. Someone reached out and sold his extra one to me at cost + shipping which I was more than happy to pay. Some dealers are constantly working hard to make it fair for us while other dealers are less scrupulous and are after the profit. It all works itself out in the end

I see Oily Creek's sitting at a couple dealers. Maybe a bit of that initial frenzy has worn off? All though I expect the Northfields to be quite popular.

Hey, B Behr95 care to comment?
qhRtfp7.jpg
You should put this kind of effort into purchasing your knives.

I have to admit being straight up mystified at the crazy popularity of the Ramfoot. Could it be the fairly low (for GEC) price?

I mean, the Lamb Foots I get, but I just don't see how the 93 isn't just a glorified 47. With no lanyard tube! ETA: the new pic in the Ramfoot thread does help.

I have to admit being straight up mystified at the crazy popularity of the Ramfoot. Could it be the fairly low (for GEC) price?

I mean, the Lamb Foots I get, but I just don't see how the 93 isn't just a glorified 47. With no lanyard tube! ETA: the new pic in the Ramfoot thread does help.
Some are excited by a new model. There is also a pent up demand, especially if you couldn’t land a lamb. The crazed desire for something new is a phenomena that I have observed and have been guilty of myself in the Traditionals.

Some are excited by a new model. There is also a pent up demand, especially if you couldn’t land a lamb. The crazed desire for something new is a phenomena that I have observed and have been guilty of myself in the Traditionals.
Great observations!

I'll be very interested to see if any "frenzy" carries over to the also-new 29 Humpback coming up. I suspect it will cost a bit more for sure, but I think production numbers should be similar to the Ramfoot.

Some times you just have to laugh. I am old and have very limited computer skills. Was set up to try and get a Cocobolo Ramsfoot right on release time, now i know i had more chance of putting on a superman cape and flying to the moon and back, and i was right, they were all gone before i could get one into my cart. Was funny, it was like me trying to beat Usain Bolt in a foot race. o_Oo_Oo_O:D:D:D

I have not seen any of the authorized eBay GEC dealers list any cocobolo yet?
I was checking all day

I was sitting in the library this morning. An email from a certain dealer pinged my phone. I touched the email link, dropped one into the cart, touched the pay with PayPal, entered the secret code, said “ok”, back to the dealer it went and I concluded the deal. Should be here Friday whilst I’m getting another chemo session. Something to look forward to when I get home. Took about three or four minutes. Sometimes you get lucky.

Back